It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

Burning sensation side of knee

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
SOTM
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Burning sensation side of knee

This has started happening last couple weeks. Pain is felt when I kneel down...examples being kneeling onto bed when getting in, severely when kneeling down to the ground to pick something up. This is a burning sensation on the outer side of my right knee, running along the outside of the knee cap but it feels almost superficial like on the skin. The skin looks normal, but just to give an idea of where the pain is felt.

I would put the pain as substantial, but it is only when doing anything kneeling. Would describe it as a burn, almost like a severe rug burn feeling. There is zero issue other than that with my knees, and I have never had problems knee wise. It does not affect any function of my daily life, save for the 3-4 times I kneel down.

I do have Psoriatic Arthritis, and am on Humira for it. No other joints have pain and I am in remission because of the meds.

Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
allhis
Inactive
(female)

allhis HB Userallhis HB Userallhis HB User
Re: Burning sensation side of knee

With the arthritis, I would definitely talk to your doctor. It could be a side effect of the drug or could be something going on in the knee. Sounds like an x-ray, CT or MRI is needed to find out what is going on.

I have a bone spur on the inside of my knee. When I turn my leg wrong it sends a jolting pain like someone poked it with a pin. Too much of it and the inside of my knee will feel on fire due to the irritation/inflammation it caused. I have 75% of the space in my left knee gone which is why it is happening.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
jerseyboy
Senior Veteran
(male)

jerseyboy HB Userjerseyboy HB User

For what it's worth, I had revisions on both knees 4 years ago, and still have some pain when I kneel. My doctor told me this would be something I would have the rest of my left, and it looks like he was right.
Right TKR 3-31-10
Left TKR 7-7-10
Left Revision 7-28-14
Right Revision 9-30-14

Old 09-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear SOTM,

It could be from the arthritis. The joints can deteriorate over time with no known injury. That's just the way it is.
I suggest that you try to avoid getting on your knees.

I cannot get on my left knee whatsoever for the burning pain and there is no solution other than to make sure to have something to grip to pull myself up. Or someone to help me. In my case because of the condition of my leg then knee replacement will never be an option.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 09-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
iloveemma
(female)

iloveemma HB User

It could be the IT Band syndrome. Does your pain start in your hip area and travels down your outside leg. It ends just below the knee. The pain is pretty well defined. Iíve had on and now have another. Iíve had both hips replaced and a knee replacement last year. It you press hard enough youíll feel. It really hurts.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
SOTM
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Yeah just quick update.

This pain has finally subsided. It WAS the result of an injury I had forgotten about. Several weeks prior, I had cranked my knee into the stupid little coin tray in my car (to the left of steering wheel when I was getting out. I had totally forgotten of that, until it happened(to a lesser extent) in the exact same spot of my knee where the pain was. It also produced the same profanity and rage lol

It was likely the cause and is completely gone.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

Dear SOTM,

I'm so glad that you are feeling better, AND that nothing worse was wrong. Thanks for letting us know.

I do that same thing so often! I have so many injuries and disorders that my MO is to just keep on going when I bang into things then later wonder what is wrong, quickly worrying that it's a new problem. I usually automatically cuss, too, to my chagrin.
Sorry that happened to you!

Reply Reply

« Hip Flexor pain | - »