It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• TKR - Grinding after surgery

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
    bilster
    (male)

bilster HB User
    TKR - Grinding after surgery

I had a right TKR in November 2017 and I have had a grinding in the knee joint with every step and significant pain to the lateral surface of the knee. The surgeon told me it should be better after 6 months, then changed to after 1 year, than after 18 months, and now he says it takes at least 2 years before you see any improvement but also says that heavy grinding is "normal" with TKR. Everyone I've talked to have told me they did not have grinding. Does anyone out there have any problems with grinding so long after surgery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
    SamQKitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
    Re: TKR - Grinding after surgery

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bilster View Post
    I had a right TKR in November 2017 and I have had a grinding in the knee joint with every step and significant pain to the lateral surface of the knee. The surgeon told me it should be better after 6 months, then changed to after 1 year, than after 18 months, and now he says it takes at least 2 years before you see any improvement but also says that heavy grinding is "normal" with TKR. Everyone I've talked to have told me they did not have grinding. Does anyone out there have any problems with grinding so long after surgery?
    I didn't have grinding, exactly, but I did have spasming when changing from a seated to a standing position. Turned out to be scar tissue, which was removed athroscopically. You might want to bring that up to your surgeon or, if necessary, get a second opinion.

Reply Reply