It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Bursitis. How do you deal with it?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
    StayFit42
    (male)

StayFit42 HB User
    Bursitis. How do you deal with it?

I went to my doctor recently for a routine physical exam and mentioned a problem I've been having since about the beginning of the year. I have an area in my left hip that is more to the back of the hip that hurts when I squat down to pick up something, but it bothers me even more when I'm laying down on my back or on my left side, and also when I try to roll over or sit up. My best bet is to lay on my right side with a pillow between my knees.

Anyway, I mentioned this problem to my doctor during the exam and she simply theorized that it could be Bursitis. She may have mentioned taking NSAID pain relievers as a possible remedy, or I may have found that online. I'm not sure. Well, I tried Ibuprofen, taking 1 pill 3 times a day and it had no effect. So I increased to 2 pills 3 times a day and it also had no effect.

So now I'm here to ask others who have bursitis (assuming that's what I have), "How do you deal with it"? I have no idea what else to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Bursitis. How do you deal with it?

Cortisone shot in the joint to break it up is pretty standard. See a sports med ortho who does hips.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
    StayFit42
    (male)

StayFit42 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Cortisone shot in the joint to break it up is pretty standard. See a sports med ortho who does hips.
    I hope that wouldn't hurt too much. I hate shots!
    Do you know how the Sports med ortho would determine if my problem is actually bursitis? It's my best guess that it is, and it's based on what my doctor said. Don't know for sure though.

Old 07-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

X rays....and the shot is no fun...I'll tell you that! It does have a deadener in it but it's still testy...have had one in my big toe joint...

Reply Reply