It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Burning pain and swelling above right knee PFPS and patella alta.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-02-2020, 04:41 AM   #1
    New user 123

New user 123 HB User
    Burning pain and swelling above right knee PFPS and patella alta.

Hi,
    It started 5 months back. I didn't injure anywhere. I started a new walking routine in the hilly roads and burning pain started. Then went to an Ortho and diagnosed with PFPS and patella alta. Started PT 3 months back. No improvement yet. Went for 13 pt visits and still have the same burning pain. Been to three other doctors. Everyone say it's Inflammation and told to continue PT.
    I recently got burning pain in my shoulder (forearm area), wrist and elbow. Doctor said that could be also Inflammation. And had blood test to check for auto immune and Inflammation. All came negative.
    I have vitamin D, B12 and iron deficiency. Taking supplements for the same.
    Pt is not helping me. Do I need to have more weeks of PT ? My pt also said that, this condition usually improves in 4 to 6 weeks. It's been 12 weeks for me and still the same burning pain. I get this burning pain while lying down and while sitting in the chair (knees bent).
    How long does it take to heal? Is It normal to have burning pain for so long? Any inputs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Burning pain and swelling above right knee PFPS and patella alta.

I have bursitis in my hip and meniscus issue in my knee (opposite legs) I can understand the pain....what helped me was Celebrex (which took almost a year for majority of pain reduction).

Your vitamin D, B12 and iron levels will take a while to increase...important for body wellness in general.

Do you use a knee support? It might be helpful during some activities. When reclined, do you have proper hip and knee alignment to relieve pressure....such as a pillow under knees, etc?

q

Old 02-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
    New user 123

New user 123 HB User
    Re: Burning pain and swelling above right knee PFPS and patella alta.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
    Yes, I have pillow support. I also have some varicose veins in the same leg. So, I always keep pillows under my legs. Previously, I used to keep the pillows horizontally. Then my pt told my to keep it vertically under my legs. So that, my knees will also be supported. I elevate my knees with one or 2 pillows.

Reply Reply