It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Severe spasms post tkr

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-14-2020, 07:37 AM   #1
    carolpalant
    (female)

carolpalant HB User
    Severe spasms post tkr

I just had my second knee replacement done on June 23. My other tkr was done on my other knee about 6 years ago, with no problems. This one is healing fine, everything is on schedule, but I'm having an issue with muscle spasms. They only occur when I'm sleeping, and are painful enough to wake me up screaming. My knee is actually bending, really really hard, and much farther than it should be able to bend. The pain is unbelievable, but fortunately only lasts for less than a minute. I've called my surgeon twice about this, and he first prescribed valium (did nothing), then another muscle relaxer (also did nothing). It does seem to be slowing down, the record was 8 times in one night, now I'm mostly down to once a night, although last night it was three times. I feel like my doctor isn't really listening or understanding how severe this pain is and that it's not a charley horse, my knee is actually bending. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm so worried that something is really wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply