It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Hip arthritis—wrecking ball pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #1
    Emkaybee
    (female)

Emkaybee HB User
    Hip arthritis—wrecking ball pain

Recently I started having excruciating pain due to complete lack of cartilage in left hip. I have to wait for surgery a few months due to Covid-created back-up at my hospital. I have some questions:

1. Does anyone have good information to tell me HOW TO MOVE so it doesn’t hurt when I roll over in bed, get up from the couch, sit on the toilet, bend over to pick something up, etc.? I had my right hip replaced about 13 years ago and I was given great motion recommendations then. Of course, I no longer have those!

2. The pain isn’t just in my thigh and hip area—it radiates down my leg all the way to my big toe. My shin is very sensitive to the touch. Does this sound right and normal? I’ve been wondering if something else might be going on in addition to the arthritic hip.

3. Best meds for this type of pain: My last experience was before the opioid crisis and the general reluctance nowadays of doctors to prescribe the stronger meds. I’ve been prescribed meloxicam aka mobic and I supplement with Tylenol. Last night I took an ice pack to bed with me and moved it up and down my leg. I also use a product called Penetrex that helps a bit—you rub it in. Does anyone have better suggestions? I can’t remember being in this much pain, ever, and since I have to wait some time before surgery it would help to be at least moderately comfortable!

Thanks for any and all help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
    Emkaybee
    (female)

Emkaybee HB User
    Re: Hip arthritis—wrecking ball pain

Bumping this back up. Really could use some help.

Reply Reply