It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• hip injury (how do I know if its broken?)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
    andrew777
    (male)

andrew777 HB User
    hip injury (how do I know if its broken?)

I'm a 19 year old male. I recently was at a party, and took a bit of a spill on some stairs. The pain wasn't to bad when it happened, but to be honest i was drunk when it did happen. The next day i noticed i was pretty bruised around the hip area, and it was uncomfortable to stand up, and to walk as well (not excruciating, just uncomfortable). Today, two days after it happened, it still hurts. Should i be concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
    Kiricki
    (female)

Kiricki HB User
    Re: hip injury (how do I know if its broken?)

Hi Andrew-- I doubt if your hip is broken. As far as I know, I am the only one on this board who has a replacement due to a break. The others have had their replacements due to osteoarthritis. I can assure you there was no doubt that my hip was broken, when my dog knocked me down! I feel it is reasonable to expect bruising and soreness after a bad fall, and especially a fall on stairs. Since you say it is just uncomfortable, you could probably treat it with heat and give it a few days to get better. If you are able to walk, bend, and so on, then you are probably not dealing with a serious situation. If, say in a week or so, it doesn't get better or if things change for the worse, then probably you should have it checked out. Good luck and keep us posted!

Anne

Closed Thread