It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• pain on the outside of my knee when i jump and stand up

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
    alyssa0189
    (female)

alyssa0189 HB User
    Question pain on the outside of my knee when i jump and stand up

i tore my acl and had acl reconstruction about 5.5 months ago. For the most part, it feels better, except on the outside of my knee. Whenever i am sitting for a while and then stand up, the outside of my knee towards the back of my knee really hurts. Also when i jump, i feel almost like a pulling on something on the outide of my knee and then a second after i jump, the outside hurts, almost like a pinching/pulling sensation. Also, about 30min after i jump, i get a pinching sensation around the outside, top part of my knee. Does anyone know what is wrong or how i can fix this? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. my doctor and my physical therapist says that it is my IT band, but i dont think it is because it does not get worse when i run. It feels better when i am doing a physical activity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Knee and Back pain... Hopeful Wishes Knee & Hip Problems 2 10-04-2010 06:45 AM
    Problem with leg pain from knee to ankle JMJMICH Knee & Hip Problems 2 07-28-2009 08:07 AM
    Pain When Kneeling chufna1 Knee & Hip Problems 1 05-28-2009 04:11 PM
    Frustrated w/Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome sctttrk Knee & Hip Problems 53 06-12-2008 07:43 PM
    Feelbad, Chest/Rib pain sammyo1 General Health 41 06-03-2008 08:43 AM
    Painkillers For Everyday Chronic Pain shawna68 Pain Management 11 02-20-2008 12:21 AM
    Knee Pain On Outside of Knee Icy Knee & Hip Problems 4 09-28-2006 02:43 AM
    Chronic Low Back Pain First Post HELP!?! ozz Back Problems 9 08-28-2006 06:42 AM
    New knee pain questions Sunnycal Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 6 07-16-2006 09:49 PM