It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Joints becoming stiff.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
    pnt68
    (male)

pnt68 HB User
    Joints becoming stiff.

I am currently 20 yrs and 7 months old. I am 6ft 2 and weigh about 11 stone. I am university student so i am on the move alot and work 10 hours at the weekend running a bakery for a supermarket. So i do have a fairly active life despite the fact i do very little sport or deliberate exercise.

Over the past 6 months or so my joints, knees and hips in particular seem to be getting stiffer. It is becoming difficult to walk up stairs because the effort required to bend my knees. My hips also get stiff and also painful if i lift my leg up to the side. I have no known injuries to my joints and the only joint problem i have ever had was a clicking right hip. From the ages of 13-16 my right hip used to click whenever i put my right leg forward during walking but it doesnt anymore. I dont seem to have much pains in my knees but they often feel exremely stiff and take effort to bend. Any thoughts anybody?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
    Tobias
    Veteran
    (female)

Tobias HB User
    Re: Joints becoming stiff.

Walk (do not run) to the nearest phone and make an appointment with your primary health provider so you can get an analyses of your joint stiffness problems. While one of the symptoms of osteoarthritis is stiffness, there are also other possibilities. Before you can be treated, you must be diagnosed. Before you can be diagnosed, you must be seen and examined by a physician.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
    pnt68
    (male)

pnt68 HB User

Yes is suppose you are right. Mind you, if im getting oesteoarthritis at 20 then my life is going to be hell, ill have new knees and hips by 40 and no legs by old age. Having studied osteoarthritis as part of my degree id be suprised if i was getting it already. Mind you, im no doctor so who knows?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
    drupe56
    (female)

drupe56 HB User

I was wondering if the floors that you have to work on could be the problem. If you're in a bakery setting I would think hard floors, be it concrete one way or another. My orthopedic surgeon told me that I should take glucosomine (1500 mg)/chondroitin (1200 mg). I take an all day extended release version. 3 caplets in the a.m. It took about 6 weeks before I noticed a difference but when I did, I did. BUT two things: make sure before you take any of this read the label and not all products are pure, so get the one that doesn't have alot of extra junk it. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread