It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Bilateral Hip Joint Effusion/can't see doc for 5wks, Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
    DJsGirrl
    (female)

DJsGirrl HB User
    Bilateral Hip Joint Effusion/can't see doc for 5wks, Help!

I got the shortest little note from the doc's today. Bilateral Hip Joint Effusion schedule with Orthopedic Surgeon. It was the result of my MRI. I am 27 years old, I had a baby 3 months ago, he's my fourth. It was an extremely hard pregnancy, I could barely walk toward the end. I had a c-section, and weeks later as I'm getting off the pain meds, I notice a pain in both legs and groin area. I can barely get in and out of my car, it hurts to change direction while walking, basically any side movement of my legs. If I make a wrong movement while I'm sitting it feels like my leg is being ripped out of the socket. I went to the doc and got and x ray. Negative. then the MRI. And here I am. I have no idea what's going on. Everything I read online is terrifying. Bone death and Lupus and arthritis. I'm just hoping to fiind out some info. Are there cases of this that aren't that serious? Can it be cured? Can it be cured without surgery or big needles?? Physical therapy? Should I go back to my doc for more info?? I feel so lost and scared, and I can't find any info online. It seems like this is always a symptom of something else.
    Thanks for reading!! I hope I hear back from someone!
    Anna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
    donna70
    (female)

donna70 HB Userdonna70 HB User
    Re: Bilateral Hip Joint Effusion/can't see doc for 5wks, Help!

Hi Anna,
    Don't panic yet. I have had hip joint effusion on MRI and it was synovitis. Now I do have RA and had it for years, it is good to see the ortho, my rheumy was able to give me lidocaine and pred injections and they lasted pretty long. You probably need to be tested to see if it is systemic in origin. I had the same trouble with moving side ways and after seeing an ortho, he has referred me to a medical rehabilitation physician because my hip problem is complicated by disc disease in my lower back. Sometimes, reading stuff online frightens you unnecessarily. You should ask for a copy of the MRI so you can keep track of your records. Wish I could be of more help, but hope that the ortho dr can help you. Good luck!
    Donna70

Closed Thread