It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Grinding noise and knee pain.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #1
    tdooders1
    (female)

tdooders1 HB User
    Grinding noise and knee pain.

Hi. The past month or so my right knee hurts when I bend it . Not when I walk. Just when I exercise (doing squats or anything that requires bending it). It makes a grinding noise and feels so stiff. Any suggestions on what it is and what to do for it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
    carol283
    (female)

carol283 HB User
    Re: Grinding noise and knee pain.

I have the same problem...both knees (I'm 48)...the problems started about 10 years agowhen I was walking a lot and then started running 2 miles/day. My knees got sore so I stopped running. There is grinding now, as well. I took physiotherapy and my therapist gave me some exercises...but never really said what was wrong. I am carrying extra weight now but wasn't when the problem first occurred. I'm sure the weight makes it worse but I know it wasn't the root of the problem. I think its cartilage issues and I don't know if you can make it better...I think you can just stop it from getting worse. But I could be wrong...I hope you get another post from someone who knows for sure because I, too, would really like to know once and for all. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
    shipper50
    (male)

shipper50 HB User
    Re: Grinding noise and knee pain.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdooders1 View Post
    Hi. The past month or so my right knee hurts when I bend it . Not when I walk. Just when I exercise (doing squats or anything that requires bending it). It makes a grinding noise and feels so stiff. Any suggestions on what it is and what to do for it?
    I had the grinding in my left knee and had the doctor take pics and he said, your meaning me are a canidate for knee replacement in the future. He gave me a cortizone shot and it helped for about a month.

Fast foward about 8 months, the knee made so much noise when I bent it the doctor said he never heard one so loud. I have a TKR in my left knee and its much worse than before. I cant bend it much, still have pain 5 months after surgery and if I had to do it over again, guess what the answer is.

I would have your doctor take x-rays and then talk to him about the noise and pain.

Shipper

Closed Thread