It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Inflammation on scar after 3 year since Hip Replacement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
    bulldoggergal
    (female)

bulldoggergal HB User
    Inflammation on scar after 3 year since Hip Replacement

I had my other Hip replaced about 3 years ago and the scar is still red/inflammed and my whole leg is/feels swollen and painful.

The doctors don't seem to think anything is wrong...but my other surgery was fine. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
    liverpool sue
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

liverpool sue HB User
    Re: Inflammation on scar after 3 year since Hip Replacement

the scars of both my hip ops 'granulated' after a few weeks, and instead of being edge to edge they started to look as if something was bulging out from underdeath. eventually, the scars became very raised and very red and looked like lengths of chord down my leg. i was told it's nothing to worry about and that it often happens particularly in females. my ops were in november 2003 and august 2004, and the scars have only recently started to fade in colour and become less raised. they have never felt inflamed or painful though, they just don't look particularly nice (not that that worries me at all). i don't know if that's what you have, but if it is, then it really isn't anything to worry about. it's called granulation.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
    bulldoggergal
    (female)

bulldoggergal HB User
    Re: Inflammation on scar after 3 year since Hip Replacement

Thank you for replying. I guess my question is more about the whole leg swelling and being tender along with the scar still looking inflammed.... I'm wondering if the hip replacement caused something to happen in that leg but I don't know what.

Closed Thread