It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Left knee keeps popping out durring sports.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
    mercer35
    (male)

mercer35 HB User
    Left knee keeps popping out durring sports.

Im an avid sport player and two years ago while playing ice hockey a player fell on my leg and my knee bent inward and my leg seperated at my knee. After the first incedent it has never been the same. I waited 4 months and stayed off of it and went strictly without working that knee so it could recover. The following summer durring a soccer practice i was just walking on the pitch after stretching and I took a normal stride and it just popped. When I fell down right away my leg straightened and my knee-cap poped rite back in. After this I could not walk for the next month. Last September (2008) I visited a specialest and I was informed that my top right quad muscel was extreamily weak and did not develope with my boady. (I was 6 feet tall when I was fourteen years old.) So therefore he sent me to physio therapy to fix the problem....
    Its been 4 months in Physio twice a week and working on bulking up my quads and my knee is still popping out extreamily easily.
    What should my next step be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: Left knee keeps popping out durring sports.

Hi Newfie(my sister-in-law is a Newfie... the lucky duck!)

This former Montrealer who's had 14 knee surgeries would suggust testing for a torn ACL. Your instability sounds like it might be interior as well. It might not be repairable at this point but if you know what's wrong, you can wear a knee brace to prevent instability when you play sports. So an MRI would my guess for the next step.

good luck............Jenny( and I really do love Newfoundland!)

Old 04-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
    mercer35
    (male)

mercer35 HB User

Yeah newfoundland is pretty cool haha.

But I do wear a knee brace and I have wore one since after the very first time it popped. Thats why im looking for somthing else.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I'm not joking about Newfoundland. Our community lost several people in the 9/11 attacks and none of us will forget what you folks in Newfoundland did to keep safe those whose planes were grounded there. You showed off your true Canadian and Newfie spirit. And at least THIS former Canuck and now southern New Englander hasn't forgotten.

Jenny

Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
    kobilane
    (male)

kobilane HB User
    Exclamation Re: Left knee keeps popping out durring sports.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mercer35 View Post
    Im an avid sport player and two years ago while playing ice hockey a player fell on my leg and my knee bent inward and my leg seperated at my knee. After the first incedent it has never been the same. I waited 4 months and stayed off of it and went strictly without working that knee so it could recover. The following summer durring a soccer practice i was just walking on the pitch after stretching and I took a normal stride and it just popped. When I fell down right away my leg straightened and my knee-cap poped rite back in. After this I could not walk for the next month. Last September (2008) I visited a specialest and I was informed that my top right quad muscel was extreamily weak and did not develope with my boady. (I was 6 feet tall when I was fourteen years old.) So therefore he sent me to physio therapy to fix the problem....
    Its been 4 months in Physio twice a week and working on bulking up my quads and my knee is still popping out extreamily easily.
    What should my next step be?
    You must see a doctor or physiotherapist becasue I am suffering this problem currently in both knees, its called subluxation of the knee. If not treated within a year subluxations will turn into constant dislocations, where you manually have to pop the knee back into place and it is very painful. Then soon after that walking will be near impossible. (Mentally forgetting how to walk and physically not being able to walk)

If this happens u will go into immediate surgery, and after the surgery u will ahve a one or two year rehabilitation process so that u can walk again.

Closed Thread