It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• My first drive in my car after 2nd hip replacement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
    Silver Swan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
    My first drive in my car after 2nd hip replacement

Hi guys! Don't think you are holding your collective breath to hear about my maiden driving journey after my second hip replacement! However, it was a momentous accomplishment for me to summon up the courage to drive for the first time since the hip was replacement barely over a month ago (surgerywas August 24.)

Everything went just fine and I think I got back to driving sooner this replacement than the first one. Didn't even need the leg lifter to get in and out of the car. Stowed my walker in the back seat and used it to walk to store and then stowed it in the shopping cart.

I have been wanting to get to the grocery for the last week or so but didn't have quite enough guts

I was really out of bananas, tomatoes and such and desperate for some fresh little carrots and frozen juices. Also rewarded myself with nice deep dish apple pie that I will eat in small slices.

Soon I will have to change my user name and am thinking of being Golden Goose. So if you start seeing that user name, people - that will be the New Me. My old computer broke and I had to get a new laptop which I hate, but it does the job and keeps me in the world. Thing change and we had better adjust or else!

Shirley H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
    Larimergirl
    Veteran
    (female)

Larimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB UserLarimergirl HB User
    Re: My first drive in my car after 2nd hip replacement

Bravo Shirley! Glad to hear that the drive went well. I just had a massage today--therapist focused on hip area and feet--so am almost back to normal from my very walking intensive vacation. Take care. Maggie

Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
    liverpool sue
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

liverpool sue HB User
    Re: My first drive in my car after 2nd hip replacement

well done shirley, another milestone
    very glad your op went well.... and your recovery going even better by the sounds of it!
    sue

Closed Thread