It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Total knee replacement for young adults

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
    mb62024
    (male)

mb62024 HB User
    Total knee replacement for young adults

I am a 22 year old male. I have suffered from knee dislocations for almost 12 years now. I have had 4 total knee surgeries and was wondering if anyone knew young adults that have had a total knee replacement and how it went. Please let me know the age and their condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
    elledub
    (female)

elledub HB User
    Re: Total knee replacement for young adults

I am 20 years old and I have yet to get a knee replacement, but due to the significant damage that I have done to my knee I have to get one. I have had 2 knee surgeries and the 2nd one that I had was because I tore my lateral and medial meniscus and my knee cap was out of place. This resulted in a lateral release. My surgeon is trying to prolong me going into surgery by giving me "chicken shots". I just finished getting them yesterday. They take up to a month to actually start working and supposedly they have great results! Most surgeons do not like to give someone a knee replacement because it is such an evasive surgery. I'm guessing that you have had a knee reconstruction? I am also going to pt 3 times a week. It does help especially with my swelling. I wish you all the best.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
    mb62024
    (male)

mb62024 HB User
    Re: Total knee replacement for young adults

Thanks for the reply. I have had 4 total knee surgeries including a lateral release, TTT, knee reconstruction and the latest was a medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction. My knee continues to dislocate and is getting worse. I go to my OS on Thursday to discuss other treatments. I was in pt for 2 years before my first operation and now I work out my leg as much as I can but still cant get my quads up to shape. Hope all works out for you.

Closed Thread