HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Knee & Hip Problems (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/knee-hip-problems/)
-   -   Knee pain before/after Total Hip Replacement (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/knee-hip-problems/823323-knee-pain-before-after-total-hip-replacement.html)

Lynnma 11-13-2010 07:41 AM

Knee pain before/after Total Hip Replacement

[B][/B]I am 8 weeks post-op from a Total Hip Replacement. I had the Anterior Approach. Years before I had this surgery, I had knee pain. I had an x-ray and an MRI on my knee. The orthopedic surgeon said the MRI looked perfect so it must be caused from my bad hip. A few weeks after the surgery, I find that I still have the knee pain! I know I walked improperly for the past couple years due to the bad hip, limping, favoring the leg etc. I am totally disappointed as I thought the surgery would alleviate this problem and I would be able to walk pain free. Does anyone else have this problem. Please Help!!

0502bradley 11-16-2010 01:55 AM

Re: Knee pain before/after Total Hip Replacement

Hi I am 3 months into my total knee repacement. I seem to be in more pain now than before.do not know what to do for th best as my surgeon tells me I must be patient!!!!

0502bradley 11-16-2010 02:06 AM

Would really appreciate some advice and help. Just over 3 months after my total knee replacement, I am still in constant pain..more so than before my operation, my surgeon says I have low pain threshold (how dare he?) I am doing my bit..excersing gently each day joined a pilates class and walk when I am able.
I just don't know where to go from here, because I do not see an end to the pain.

barb70 11-16-2010 04:49 AM

[QUOTE=0502bradley;4623971]Would really appreciate some advice and help. Just over 3 months after my total knee replacement, I am still in constant pain..more so than before my operation, my surgeon says I have low pain threshold (how dare he?) I am doing my bit..excersing gently each day joined a pilates class and walk when I am able.
I just don't know where to go from here, because I do not see an end to the pain.[/QUOTE]

You are still in the infant stage of your recovery and the fact that you can do pilates sounds promising to me. I used to do yoga, but cannot get on my knees so that is out of the question. Sometimes something else is going on that creates the pain. I am at one year and now have terrible back problems besides the constant knee pain. There is nothing wrong with the knee, but my Ortho thinks the arthritis in my back may be causing the knee pain. I am going to be having a Epidural Steroid Injection soon and hope that may eleviate the pain. I know how you feel about the pain because I just do not have the same life I had a few years ago and am very unhappy about the entire situation. Hang in there -- you are in the early stages. Things should start to look up soon.

0502bradley 11-16-2010 05:26 AM

Thank you for finding the time to respond..much appreciated..I hope the epidural works for you.

Kind regards