It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Dyna Splint System

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
    Startanew
    (female)

Startanew HB User
    Dyna Splint System

I had a TKR on my right knee on 9/3/10. My physical therapist got with my Dr. and they decided I needed to try Knee Flexion Dynasplint System. I was wondering if anyone of you have ever used one, and would love to get your input. I am trying my best to keep the thing on as long as possible, but it doesn't matter whether I wear it to bed or use it during the day, it's all I can do to keep it on an hour at a time, and at that, I feel like it's doing more harm than good????

My therapist tells me to think of something nice while wearing it, watch TV, read a book, etc. to get my mind off the discomfort. I have tried all of these things, and sometimes I feel like such a failure! I sometimes get the impression that my therapist doesn't think I am doing all I can to get better, but believe me, I do all my exercises every day, twice a day as instructed, I ice and heat my knee several times a day, I walk a lot, I try not to let it disrupt my life any longer, I go shopping, to movies, etc.

I guess I'm worried about the pain I have with this splint on because before my surgery I went to a personal trainer to build up my muscles, strength and stamina so that I would do well post op. But, as luck would have it, I ended up rupturing two disks in my lower spine, and had to put off my TKR by about three months or more. So, needless to say, I am somewhat skeptic when my therapist says "pain doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, you can't hurt yourself with these exercises" I had heard that before!

Enough about me, please, if any of you have used this splint, please let me know how it worked for you. < edited >. Any comments would be appreciated and helpful!

Thanks,

Startanew

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-15-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Please do not post personal information, such as real name and/or email.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread