It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Hip pointer...but no injury proceeds?? Pain when I stand.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
    ducotekk
    (female)

ducotekk HB User
    Hip pointer...but no injury proceeds?? Pain when I stand.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

My problem is not new, it's constant and intensifying daily. Hip pointer is the only thing I can find that identifies the area on me that hurts. Particularly when I stand after sitting a while, and with the first several steps I experience sharp pain in the pointy bone at the top of my left hip. It's also very tender to the touch in a circular area radiating out from the point. Problem...I haven't experienced an injury.

This isn't my first round with hip problems. In September 2009 I tore the labrum in my right hip doing Zumba. I knew the instant it happened and I hit the floor. It took several months to get the proper diagnosis, since being a 30 year old female it's hard to have hip pain taken seriously. But in the end I had a hip arthroscopy, two anchors installed, 8 weeks on crutches and 2 months of physical therapy. It's really pretty great now and gives me very few problems.

This left hip, however, is beginning to bother me as much as the right hip did, but it's just not the same pain. Everything I can find on various types of hip pain all center on the actual joint. I remember what it felt like when the cartilage in my right hip joint was torn.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or insight into what could be going on. I'm wearing myself out trying to research and not getting anywhere.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread