It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Plica Syndrome, PLEASE HELP!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
    Rebeccajadeeva
    (female)

Rebeccajadeeva HB User
    Plica Syndrome, PLEASE HELP!

Hi, my names Rebecca I'm 24 years old. April 2012 i was playing with my daughter on her slip and slide on the garden, when i felt a slight tug at my left knee. I didn't think anything of it because it didn't hurt, 3am that night/morning pain to my left knee woke me up. I then discovered i couldn't straighten out my leg, it was stuck. My mum took me to hospital who then referred me to orthopedic surgeons. The first surgeon said he knew what it was he was certain it was a meniscus tear and scheduled my operation for 3 days later. I went home with crutches and the day after he rang me and said another surgeon wants an MRI scan to confirm it, i had to wait 4 weeks. Eventually i had the scan and had to wait a further 2 weeks for the results. They eventually came back fine, nothing was wrong. My leg was still very painful and still stuck in the bent position, the surgeon i spoke to had me in tears on the phone because he said they wasn't going to do anything and they was going to leave me like that . Altogether i was left like that for 3 months i pushed for another appointment were another surgeon so me, he was reluctant to do an operation but he eventually said yes, he scheduled and i had the surgery. He found that some of my plica had broke away turned hard and stuck in between my knee bones. I was sore for about 2 weeks after that but everything settled down and went back to normal. 3 months on and it starts up again pain and a burning sensation, and again stuck in 1 position I went to my GP and i had regular physio, my physio has just recently discharged me because i can now walk without crutches. I'm in quite a lot of pain and I walk with a limp, my knee is stiff and still swollen, i've been back to my GP and she wasn't helpful she just said I had to man up and get on with it, she can't do anything for me. It's been 8 months since my surgery and i'd say I'm in more pain now then when i first injured my knee, i just don't know what to do, it's ruining my life, will i be like this forever??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
    CLB1988
    (male)

CLB1988 HB User
    Re: Plica Syndrome, PLEASE HELP!

I had a plica surgery about 5 weeks ago. I don't know if it entirely fixed the problem, doesn't seem like it. I feel like there may be some meniscus problems that a lot of doctors don't catch when they go under the scope because like you mine feels like a meniscus but the doctor said good as gold. It's frustrating.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
    CLB1988
    (male)

CLB1988 HB User
    Re: Plica Syndrome, PLEASE HELP!

Mine eventually got better. Took about 2 months. There's hope out there people.

Reply Reply

Tags
    knee injury, knee locking, plica syndrome