It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• After Total Hip Replacement (THR) Leg and Foot turn 45 degree's out

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
    Jasjr
    (male)

Jasjr HB User
    After Total Hip Replacement (THR) Leg and Foot turn 45 degree's out

It has been over a year since I had my THR on my left side. Upon waking up from surgery my leg and foot have turned almost 45 degree's to the outside. According to the surgeon. It is a muscle training issue. I was sent to physical therapy. This did not help. Prior to the surgery my foot was as strait as an arrow. As a result of my leg turning out it is causing a great deal of pain in my feet and leg. I have returned to his office for follow up appointments and have addressed this issue. He continues to state the implant is installed correctly and the turning out leg and foot issue is a muscle issue. I believe I need to seek a 2nd opinion.

Has anybody heard or experienced this issue.
    Please advise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
    Silver Swan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Silver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB UserSilver Swan HB User
    Re: After Total Hip Replacement (THR) Leg and Foot turn 45 degree's out

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jasjr View Post
    It has been over a year since I had my THR on my left side. Upon waking up from surgery my leg and foot have turned almost 45 degree's to the outside. According to the surgeon. It is a muscle training issue. I was sent to physical therapy. This did not help. Prior to the surgery my foot was as strait as an arrow. As a result of my leg turning out it is causing a great deal of pain in my feet and leg. I have returned to his office for follow up appointments and have addressed this issue. He continues to state the implant is installed correctly and the turning out leg and foot issue is a muscle issue. I believe I need to seek a 2nd opinion.

Has anybody heard or experienced this issue.
    Please advise.
    Hi Jasjr:
    I can't speak to the turning to the side of your leg and foot after your left side THR but I do remember after each hip replacement I had, I was asked to wiggle my toes to make sure a certain muscle was not injured. (All worked.) Not being a medically trained person I would have to research again to find out the name of this muscle. Perhaps some other reader and supply it?

Closed Thread

Tags
    hip pain, thr, thr recovery