It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Knee Pain?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
    spibs00
    (female)

spibs00 HB User
    Knee Pain?

Hello,

I have been experiencing knee pain lately that is fairly inconsistent and hard to explain. About 5 months ago I fell with all of my weight on my right knee cap during an athletic event on a turf field. After the incident I experienced trouble bending my knee, my knee swelled up slightly and I had pain on the medial side of my knee. I also had this spot on the medial side of my knee cap that killed with pain when touched exactly where the spot was for maybe a couple weeks.

While I was training over the summer, the pain would reoccur every so often, but was manageable. The past 2 months I have been involved with a sport almost every day of the week and I have been experiencing the same pain I did when I fell 5 months ago, so I figure it may have something to do with falling on my knee so long ago. I feel pain most when trying to bend my leg or walking down stairs especially...or when I sit for a long time with my knee bent and then start walking around again it hurts. Walking around, I occasionally limp because it is painful to bend my knee while walking, so I just keep my leg straight sometimes or just drag my leg behind me. When I'm playing it may take a while for the pain to onset, but I can usually play through the pain, though it is quite annoying and frustrating at times. The worst pain while playing is when I am just running for a long time or on distance runs--not so much pain while I am cutting back and forth. The most frustrating thing is, though, when I touch my knee and move around my knee cap while I am sitting around, there really is no pain, so when someone looks at my knee it never hurts when they test it, as it hurts most while I am in motion and standing on it, walking around, running, climbing/going down stairs, etc... Any ideas please on if I may/may not have done something to it?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
    sprmomof3
    (female)

sprmomof3 HB User
    Re: Knee Pain?

If you have not had an Xray, I would suggest you do so. An MRI would be more conclusive to solving your problem. You could have injured something that is only aggrivated with certain activities. I would seek further testing to see what the issue may be.....Hope this helps!

Reply Reply