It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Severe hip joint/hip locking

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
    truedukeblue
    (female)

truedukeblue HB User
    Severe hip joint/hip locking

I'm a 28 yo female, but For as long as I can remember, I have always had pain in my left hip joint. I was thin as a rail when I was growing up and was quite active...whether it was softball, climbing trees, or roaming the neighborhood with other kids. I first remember the pain when I was maybe 8 or 9. I had kidney reflux which required yearly testing at the hospital, involving the insertion of a catheter. During one of the tests, when lying on my back one of the nurses just slightly put pressure on my bent knee and pulled my leg out, towards her (she was standing by my side, on my left) and I remember screaming out in pain and scaring everyone to death because it felt like my hip completely locked. The best way to describe the pain is to say it feels like a Charlie horse in the joint of my hip. The pain has progressively gotten worse. I am 28 now and no where near as thing as I used to be, but still of average size, for the most part. The pain is the worst when trying to use the thigh machine at the gym, during intercourse (this is THE ABSOLUTE WORST), and pretty much any motion that requires my left leg/thigh extending outward. It is now getting to the point that I don't even have to be doing any activities, it is now ALWAYS achy and uncomfortable at any time. The pain is not in the front/groin....it is primarily in the lower buttock region and somewhat on the side, but definitely most prominent in the buttock region.

I know I have herniated discs in my lower back on the same side, but the hip pain came way before the discs. So, I'm at a loss at where to begin looking for treatment. I've always done leg stretches due to sports, the discs, etc. and it feels better while DOING them, but that is as far as it goes with relief. I have been on antiflammatories, narcotics, done PT, etc. Nothing helps. My original doctor seemed like I was a burden to him and refused x-rays and MRIs...so, I finally have an appointment with a new sports ortho this week and hope he might be able to help. Anyone else with similar pain? Or know what could be causing this kind of pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
    gatorball3
    (female)

gatorball3 HB User
    Re: Severe hip joint/hip locking

I've had that same problem for 4 years, finally after 4 Ortho I found out what I have, a torn labrum, bursitis, and snapping hip syndrome, I'm going in for surgery Aug 27th, to repair the labrum, remove the bursa and repair the tendon that is snapping on my right hip, I hope this helps, not many doctors can diagnosis this correctly, good luck

Username, gatorball3

Reply Reply

Tags
    hip, hip and butt pain, hip pain, joint locking