It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Knee & Hip Problems Message Board

• Anterior Osteophytes with endplate irrugularity and fatty degenrative changes

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #1
    Jagdish75
    (male)

Jagdish75 HB User
    Anterior Osteophytes with endplate irrugularity and fatty degenrative changes

My father has been suffering from knee pain for more than 15 years plus. Recently, he has been suffering from extreme pain in the right knee and has also developed pain in the buttocks. I am submitting his MRI and XRAY report which was reviewed by a doctor in India, who said they did not have treatment for the Lumbar spondylosis. Please suggest me appropriate treatment in Singapore or India and briefly explain what his condition means.

MRI Report:
    MR scan reveals normal alignment and curvature of lumbosacral spine.
    The vertebral bodies are normal in height, outline and signal intensity. There are anterior osteophytes with endplate irregularity and paradiscal fatty degenerative changes at multiple levels.

Intervertebral disc shows following changes:
    - All lumbar intervertebral discs are dark in signal intensity on T2 weighted sequence suggestive of dessication.
    - L3-L4 and L4-L5 ---> diffuse posterior bulge with right paracentral broad based disc protrusion compressing the thecal sac. Inferior nerve root canal are na1rnwed (R>L).
    - L5-S 1 ---> diffuse posterior bulge with thecal indentation. No significant spinal canal compromise.
    Bilateral moderate inferior nerve root canal narrowing. Facetalarthropathic changes noted.

The visible lower spinal cord is normal in outline and signal intensity. No abnormal pre or paravertebral soft tissue noted.
    The effective midsagittal diameter of spinal diameter of spinal canal at various disc levels are as follows:

Ll-L2 L2-L3 L3-L4 L4-L5 L5-Sl
    17mms 16mms 11 mms 11 mms 10.5 mm

IMPRESSION :
    - Lumbar spondylosis.
    - Mild degenerative spinal canal stenosis at L3-L4 and L4-L5.
    - Degenerative disc disease at L3-L4, L4-L5 and LS-Sl.
    - Facetal arthropathy at L3-L4, L4-L5 and LS-Sl.

X-RAY REPORT OF BOTH KNEE AP (STANDING) VIEW
    There are degenerative osteoarthritic changes as evidenced by reduction of medial joint space, marginal osteophytes and prominent tibial spine.

No lytic or sclerotic lesion in bone.

Soft tissues are unremarkable.

IMPRESSION:
    Osteoarthritis of both knee joints.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    knee, lumbar, osteoarthritis