It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 7 weeks after lasik - blurry vision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
    poziomka
    (female)

poziomka HB User
    7 weeks after lasik - blurry vision

Hello!

I did my lasik surgery 7 weeks ago and I have experience that are quite nerve-wracking to me and I was hoping someone could help me understand what is going on with me...

Initially, I had myopia with -2.00 in left eye and -1.75 & -0.25 astigmatism in my right eye. During my post-op visits it seems that the flaps healed properly and they actually look excellent. The vision in right eye is perfect and got stable after about 3 weeks after surgery. No problem ever since, it's brilliant.

The problem that is nerve-wracking for me is my vision in my left eye....

Initially it was much more dry than right eye, there were dry spots detected by the doctor 2 weeks after surgery. With putting in drops every 30min, I got the more dense drops that stay in the eye longer, so I needed to put them in only once every hour. My vision was perfect for about 2 weeks - so somewhere between 2nd-4th week after surgery. Only then my left eye started being more and more blurry when looking into the distance, while still instilling drops once every 1hr. I was seeing well and all of a sudden I wasn't any more. The near vision is still good, but looking far is blurry. It has been like that for a month now, so from 3rd-7th week after surgery and fluctuates a bit from day to day, but rarely ever it is as perfect as it was between 2-4th post-op week. I have days where I have a lot of moments I see clearly near and far with this eye, but there are days where I don't have any clear moments at all. All in all, if I had to state how I feel with this eye on average, most of the time would be blurry and only sometimes clear.

The clear moments appear mainly when I really put a lot of effort and strain my sight towards far objects, then I see them fairly clear. I also notice this eye takes more time focus in general and especially after looking at objects located near such as computer or a book etc. Sometimes it still stings slightly from the inside and it feels a bit uncomfortable.

This situation has given me a lot of stress and it keeps me up at night... I don't know it it is normal and I should be alarmed and run back to my surgeon asking for help?

Questions I have in mind:

1. Is it just a fluctuation and my vision most likely will be as clear as 2-4th week post-op? Was it just a fluctuation or indication of my end-point sight and right now I am only experiencing fluctuations that will clear?
    2. How long do fluctuations last at a time? Minutes, hours, days or weeks?
    3. Is it a sign of my myopia coming back? Actually how can I recognize it is only fluctuation or myopia coming back? What is the difference? I was only -2.00 in this eye, my myopia wasn't so big....
    4. Is there any way I can help myself here? Eye exercises, drops or something else?

I registered to see the doc in a couple of days, but I am just so incredibly worried.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
    angsty
    (male)

angsty HB User
    Re: 7 weeks after lasik - blurry vision

Hello poziomka,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have never been happy about getting lasik and prk, but my symptoms have at least remained stable.

It helps to understand that lasik and prk are a form of controlled trauma to the eye. This triggers the cornea's wound healing response, which can take some time. This is the reason for the 3 to 6 month waiting period to assess results.

Still, you should definitely make a follow-up appointment with your doctor to rule out anything serious. As far as myopia coming back, I don't know that there's any particular distinction other than whether your condition persists or not.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:33 AM   #3
    poziomka
    (female)

poziomka HB User

Thank you Angsty. I went to the doc and apparently everything is just fine. My left eye is much drier than the other eye and I need to wait. I ask specifically if myopia is coming back or if I have been undercorrected and the answer was 'no' for both questions. Not sure if this can be ruled out entirely, but that's what I was told. I am still worried because my left eye is still blurry and focusing in slower than right eye. I am just afraid it will stay like that...

Has anyone else had such symptoms as well? If yes, was that due to dry eye and did it go away after a few months have passed?

Old 02-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
    spiderwebman
    (male)

spiderwebman HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by poziomka View Post
    Thank you Angsty. I went to the doc and apparently everything is just fine. My left eye is much drier than the other eye and I need to wait. I ask specifically if myopia is coming back or if I have been undercorrected and the answer was 'no' for both questions. Not sure if this can be ruled out entirely, but that's what I was told. I am still worried because my left eye is still blurry and focusing in slower than right eye. I am just afraid it will stay like that...

Has anyone else had such symptoms as well? If yes, was that due to dry eye and did it go away after a few months have passed?
    Perhaps it would be prudent to get a second opinion from another LASIK provider.

Can you give some more details about the surgeon experience, technology he used to perform the procedure? With LASIK, the cheapest option doesnt always result in a poorer result, but it can be a factor.

Closed Thread

Tags
    blurry, fluctuation, lasik, myopia