It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Focus Issue After Lasik

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
    andrea23
    (female)

andrea23 HB User
    Focus Issue After Lasik

I am 43 and had Lasik 7 weeks ago and I am having problems focusing out of my right eye. My left eye I am seeing clearly out of with no issues. At my 2 week check up I was told I had 20/20 vision in my left eye and 20/30 in my right. I am not having any issues with halos, glares or starbursts. The glares and starbursts took about 2-3 weeks to go away. I still have some light sensitivity on really sunny days, but for the most part I can go out with no sunglasses now. I am not requiring any reading glasses at this point even though the doctor told me I would probably need them right after.
    It is hard to describe what I am feeling. When I look at objects/words far away it feels like my right eye is having difficulty processing what I am seeing and it puts what I am looking at out of focus, making it difficult for me to see things that are far away. Like there is a haze over my eye and on top of that not bringing it into focus so I can see it. Wasn't sure if there was anyone that had anything similar. I know I did not explain it very well, but it is hard to describe it. I was told by my doctor that it takes at least 12 weeks for the eyes to heal. I am just concerned because I have had this feeling in this eye from the beginning and it has not improved, while my other eye is doing great. I have another follow up appointment on Jan 6th so I am hoping he gives me some good news.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2017, 12:41 AM   #2
    Sewinggirl
    (female)

Sewinggirl HB User
    Re: Focus Issue After Lasik

I had LASIK blended vision three and half months ago, and in the last two weeks I have had a massive improvement !... I can now see number plates at a distance of 3 cars away when driving and I can also see the sports results on the TV clearly and I couldn't 3 weeks ago, it was sort of blurry and a bit double vision. I just wanted to tell you how long it took for me to get there, so it's at least 3 months till I suddenly seems to see a lot clearer , almost seems over night !...I also had a blurry sight from one eye, (my distance one) especially seemed like I couldn't read the car number plate across the road, only 2 months ago, but now I can and the blurryness has gone. Wait and see what 3 months brings... it used to drive me nuts, looking a the eye chart I downloaded as it showed I was 20/30 ...or 20/40, now i look at the same down loaded chart on my iPad and I'm 20/15 !... this happens in the last 2 weeks !.... I was originally -7.25 in my right eye and I have read that the bigger the prescription the longer the recovery.

Closed Thread