It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• i had monovision i need advice plz

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
    linestudio
    (male)

linestudio HB User
    i had monovision i need advice plz

hello

i am 41 years old i have problem with adapting after my surgery ( monovision , the left eyes made for far sight and the right eye for near sight ) i almost complete the 8 months, the healing process was very slow but now i see very well but not clear and sharp i feel confused i don't know how describe the problem that i have .

the first problem when i see far things especially small fonts i see them but with little blurred i feel that the right eye is the one made the confused and blurry things . the second problem with the left eye which made for far sight i can't see the near thing as before the surgary it is difficult for me now .

i have no headache thank god but i have itchy eyes close the corners i am using wet drops right now . i am very mad from the doctor cause he didn't give me a trial contact before making my decision

my question is the 8 months enough to adapting the monovision !!??
    and if i want to correct my mistake of making monovosion surgery what can i do ? i read about undo monovision but i don't want to make another mistake my job depending on computers as a programmer and i am very tired from my new sight i wish i had my old sight please help and give me advice .

measured today :

<R> -0.25 CYL -0.25 AX 127
    S.E -0.38

<L> +1.25 CYL -0.50 AX 132
    S.E +1.00

The following user gives a hug of support to linestudio:
    movielover40 (05-03-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: i had monovision i need advice plz

Did you wear monovision contacts prior? I ask because it's unusual to find someone with the near vision in the right eye. They usually have it in the left eye with contacts and cataract removals so I find that odd. If you wore mono contacts this way before then it should have worked.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
    linestudio
    (male)

linestudio HB User

no i didn't wear any contacts he didn't tell me to wear any contact which i am so angry i didn't read about this surgery . is it bad thing to have the right eye for near vision ? what is the different to have the near vision in the left or the right ?

*my right eyes before the surgery was weak and i depend on the left eye most of the time . also he told me that i have lazy eye ( the right one )

is there any solution for my case or i will like this forever ?

Last edited by linestudio; 05-03-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, the lazy eye could be the cause. Most people are right eye dominant, thus why the reading lens usually goes in the left eye and the distance one in the right. And he wouldn't have told you before the surgery to wear contacts. I was just asking if you had. So did you have Lasik or cataract surgery? I'm sort of confused about that.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #5
    linestudio
    (male)

linestudio HB User

i had Lasik surgery .

after your post i feel more afraid if the doctor messed with my eyes or made a mistake . FYI , i decide to make the surgery after i made more search about this doctor and he is one of the best doctors in my country . the last visit he told me to do enhancement next visit in the left eye but i am not sure i don't want to make another mistake plz i need advice .

is there a huge difference between the distance vision in both eyes require enhancement or wearing a glasses here :

<R> -0.25 CYL -0.25 AX 127
    S.E -0.38

<L> +1.25 CYL -0.50 AX 132
    S.E +1.00

Last edited by linestudio; 05-03-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:04 AM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I don't know much about Lasik but it would appear you need corrective glasses with that prescription.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
    linestudio
    (male)

linestudio HB User

Your previous answers depend on what if you don't know much about lasik!!! I was worried the last 2 days because of your answers

I need expert or someone has monovision

Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #8
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm sorry. THe last time I inquired about Lasik, near vision correction was not possible. So I had no idea that it was now. I know they can do the monovision with cataract surgery so hence my response.

Closed Thread