HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lasik Eye Surgery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lasik-eye-surgery/)
-   -   Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lasik-eye-surgery/1033926-eye-pain-strain-4-years-after-lasik.html)

ammaaar 05-16-2017 04:43 PM

Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

Hi guys, I was doing good four years after LASIK when my job changed to be 40hours/week infront of computer, laptop, softscreen I must say. A month or couple before I had to intensly use laptop for my final year project it even took mor than 12hrs a day on White bristling screen of word processor for documentation purpose. I focused a lot and intense, meanwhile I started to feel aching and pain in my eyes. Some times it happened in one eye and other times in other, I went to doctor he treated me with corticosteroids like FML for short time like tapering off in 3 weeks and I was ok. And my computer screen use was less frequent again. Now my job as software engineer requires me at least 40hrs per week infront of screen or more, I again developed same issue. Again doctor treated with FML and Histazoline this time he said I have an allergy due to dust and then polyvinyl alchohol Blink Fresh drops, he prescribed for two weeks 3 times a day and then stop no tapering off. Ten days has passed but symptoms ar still there a bit improved but still feel aches and pain in eyes while focusing and computer screen. I know it wont go away like this. This is going to be 3rd time in a year with FML which is steroid and I dont want is prolonged use. Does this means I am handicapped and can never work in computer profession?
P.S I don't feel much dry eye, just when I woke in morning for a second and also between this period I mean four year period I played plenty of games, studies, computers nothing happened. I had it by the age of 28 and now I am 32. Do I have to leave my profession because of LASIK?

old soul20 05-16-2017 06:18 PM

Re: Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

That is a LOT of time spent in front of a computer. Can you take frequent breaks to give your eyes a break? Even with soft screen it is still a strain on your eyes. If you wore glasses and spent that much time in front of a computer, you might well wind up with the same thing. See if your boss will let you step away for a bit at least once an hour.

old soul20

ammaaar 05-17-2017 04:03 AM

Re: Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

[QUOTE=old soul20;5458886]That is a LOT of time spent in front of a computer. Can you take frequent breaks to give your eyes a break? Even with soft screen it is still a strain on your eyes. If you wore glasses and spent that much time in front of a computer, you might well wind up with the same thing. See if your boss will let you step away for a bit at least once an hour.

old soul20[/QUOTE]
How much time after an hour 5 or ten min will not be a problem I guess. At this time I have woke up atleast 7 or more hours of sleep, just been in front of iPad for like 20 mins and I have started to feel stress in eyes. Even I am having FML, Histazoline for ten days now. This stress is not going away guess it is getting stored somewhere