It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
    ammaaar
    (male)

ammaaar HB User
    Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

Hi guys, I was doing good four years after LASIK when my job changed to be 40hours/week infront of computer, laptop, softscreen I must say. A month or couple before I had to intensly use laptop for my final year project it even took mor than 12hrs a day on White bristling screen of word processor for documentation purpose. I focused a lot and intense, meanwhile I started to feel aching and pain in my eyes. Some times it happened in one eye and other times in other, I went to doctor he treated me with corticosteroids like FML for short time like tapering off in 3 weeks and I was ok. And my computer screen use was less frequent again. Now my job as software engineer requires me at least 40hrs per week infront of screen or more, I again developed same issue. Again doctor treated with FML and Histazoline this time he said I have an allergy due to dust and then polyvinyl alchohol Blink Fresh drops, he prescribed for two weeks 3 times a day and then stop no tapering off. Ten days has passed but symptoms ar still there a bit improved but still feel aches and pain in eyes while focusing and computer screen. I know it wont go away like this. This is going to be 3rd time in a year with FML which is steroid and I dont want is prolonged use. Does this means I am handicapped and can never work in computer profession?
    P.S I don't feel much dry eye, just when I woke in morning for a second and also between this period I mean four year period I played plenty of games, studies, computers nothing happened. I had it by the age of 28 and now I am 32. Do I have to leave my profession because of LASIK?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #2
    old soul20
    (male)

old soul20 HB User
    Re: Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

That is a LOT of time spent in front of a computer. Can you take frequent breaks to give your eyes a break? Even with soft screen it is still a strain on your eyes. If you wore glasses and spent that much time in front of a computer, you might well wind up with the same thing. See if your boss will let you step away for a bit at least once an hour.

old soul20

Old 05-17-2017, 04:03 AM   #3
    ammaaar
    (male)

ammaaar HB User
    Re: Eye pain and strain 4 years after LASIK

Quote:
    Originally Posted by old soul20 View Post
    That is a LOT of time spent in front of a computer. Can you take frequent breaks to give your eyes a break? Even with soft screen it is still a strain on your eyes. If you wore glasses and spent that much time in front of a computer, you might well wind up with the same thing. See if your boss will let you step away for a bit at least once an hour.

old soul20
    How much time after an hour 5 or ten min will not be a problem I guess. At this time I have woke up atleast 7 or more hours of sleep, just been in front of iPad for like 20 mins and I have started to feel stress in eyes. Even I am having FML, Histazoline for ten days now. This stress is not going away guess it is getting stored somewhere

Closed Thread

Tags
    lasik eye surgery