It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Considering LASIK vs. SMILE - occasional dry eye & dil pupil 7.6mm

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
    Aspuchee
    (male)

Aspuchee HB User
    Considering LASIK vs. SMILE - occasional dry eye & dil pupil 7.6mm

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to organize my research... but it's a bit difficult with all the info out there. I had a few specific questions I wanted to see if anyone could help me with:

During my initial consultation for the LASIK procedure, I was told that I have a dil pupil diameter of 7.6 mm. They told me they would use an "advanced" laser because of this. Could anyone tell me if I am still likely to be at an increased risk for long-term side effects due to my pupil size?

I have occasional issues with dry eyes. It's generally not much of an issue on a daily basis, but when I used to wear contacts, it could be quite noticeable. In many cases, it was difficult for me to get through an full day of wearing contacts due my eyes drying up.

Considering the prior and following info, is the SMILE procedure possibly a better option for me, if feasible at all? I have a dilated pupil size of 7.6 mm, am nearsighted, and have a slight astigmatism in one eye. SMILE seems much less invasive and seems to have fewer issues with dry eye side effects... but it is less widely available in my area compared to LASIK.

If I were to end up with long-term complications from either procedure, are there currently good options to manages such complications?

Thank you for any advise or info provided!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    lasik, pupil size, smile