It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Anyone have hazy vision, like eyes binoculars ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
    ScionTC05
    (male)

ScionTC05 HB User
    Question Anyone have hazy vision, like eyes binoculars ?

I got lasik intralase done on 1-12, on both eyes. I had -3.75 vision and the day after surgery I told them my right eye was really clear, but my lefts slightly hazy. Its like if i cover my right eye, my left eye is slightly fuzzy, then focuses in like binoculars sort of. Its weird. The doctor said that eye was more inflammed, and it should go away. Before surgery, that eye was my stronger eye, and now i can see better out of my other eye. I have heard the haze is normal and can come in/out during healing as well as halos...

Just curious anyone else had the haze effect, and how long it took until it cleared up? Otherwise this surgery is amazing! and hopefully it heals up, or maybe its a case of its under corrected and needs redone slightly. I go in another week for a checkup again...

just wanted some other peoples stories

thanks
    -Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
    Bright Eyes
    (female)

Bright Eyes HB User
    Re: Anyone have hazy vision, like eyes binoculars ?

My left eye was hazy as well..reminded me of having a dirty contact in..but with time mine has cleared...it was the worse of both eyes as well..i saw crystal clear right away with my right eye..i just had my one month follow up and i see 20/20 in the right and 20/25 in left...but its improving still..dont be in a hurry...

Old 01-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
    ScionTC05
    (male)

ScionTC05 HB User

haha thats good to know. I just feel like you said a dirty contact or that i have a contact in my left thats not strong enough. But the surgery went awesome on the right eye. its perfect! my biggest thing is if i have to have the touchup surgery done on the left. I hope it clears, because its weird looking. I leave in just a few minutes to get my checkup done to see how they say it looks. Hopefully they say its still clearing out.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
    onataliya
    Inactive
    (female)

onataliya HB User
    Intralase experience

I had intralase done almost 2 months ago. It was healing very slowly. I couldn`t focuse on objects for a long time. Eyes got tired quickly and felt weak. I had dry eyes and some pain. Also, vision was not like it was with glasses, especially for the first weeks. It felt as if you are looking through some sort of glass which was not natural. I did have some blurriness in the right eye which was quite bothersome, seems like it`s going away now.
    Currently, the main problem for me is that the quality of vision after this procedure is not as good as it was with glasses, it`s not as sharp and crisp, and it feels like I need to put glasses back on to get the sharpness back. They told me I have 20.15, 20.20 vision, but It feels like I`m looking through some very thin vail or smth which is quite irritating. The difference in the quality of vision and pain in the eyes caused me a lot of stress. Mine was conventional intralase Lasik as I understand I didn`t need Custom. Also, the procedure was very painful as they apply a lot of pressure to the eyes for the laser to make the flap for smth like 30 seconds per eye.
    What was your healing process after intralase like and what is the quality of vision like, is it the same as with glasses?

Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
    bowriter
    (female)

bowriter HB User

Try taking 2 500mg tablets of Vitamin C per day. One in the morning and the other one later in the day. This is supposed to help clear up the hazing. I read that somewhere on the Internet and asked my Lasik doctor about this and three of the doctors confirmed this. I had PRK on one eye almost two weeks ago and have not had any hazing. (some ghosting, but no hazing). Night vision has been better that I expected. Vitamin C is supposed to help with that too. They told me to start taking it about two week prior to surgery and continue for a few weeks after or as long as I want basically.

It can't hurt to try.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
    q1w2e3

q1w2e3 HB User

I had intralase lasik on 2/1/06. The day after, my left eye was perfect, but my right eye has this fog/haze similar to what some other folks say in this thread. It is both near and far and makes it appear as if I'm looking through a smokey restaurant with that eye. I have not seen any change since surgery. If anyone else has had or has a similar experience, could they please post it here and state how long it lasted.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #7
    Brown_eyes
    (male)

Brown_eyes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScionTC05
    ....I told them my right eye was really clear, but my lefts slightly hazy.....
    I am having the same effect as you post-op. My left is blurry/foggy mostly in the morning or the more I use pres.-free drops. It seems to clear up mostly by the afternoon. I had punctal plugs put in pre-op to help with drying and healing. I think my blurry/fogginess is b/c of the nighttime gel I use before I go to sleep. When I wake it seems to still be around but mostly in my left eye until about lunch time. I noticed the more I use at night the worse it is the next day. I can almost see some kind of film in my eye lift upwards with my eyelid everytime I blink.

I think once I stop using the gel, and all the other medicated drops, it will clear up and happen less frequently, hopefully.

Closed Thread