It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Anyone need an enhancement?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User
    Anyone need an enhancement?

I had LASIK in August 2004, and I need to have an enhancement. My vision is about -.75 now. It was about 20/15 after surgery. Did anyone else have a similar experience with LASIK? Did your vision greatly improve after the enhancement?
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
    oceanmama1
    (female)

oceanmama1 HB User
    Re: Anyone need an enhancement?

I am going to need an enhancement because I was only 20/40 in my dominant eye right after surgery and 20/30 in my non-dominant eye. I had the surgery on Dec.9th and will probably have the enhancement in my dominant eye only. If I can get it to be 20/20 and leave the other one at the 20/40 it is now, I will have what is called partial "monovision". In other words the difference in correction will not be as great as with full monovision. I can read and use the computer without reading glasses so I am happy with the right eye. I just need to improve the distance vision to be happier. I will probably have the enhancement soon after my appointment in mid-February. I will not have to have the flap cut this time, the surgeon will just lift the flap and do the enhancement. I hope that the haloes go away soon. They are getting smaller but I am still bothered with them.

Oceanmama1

Old 01-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #3
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User

Don't they want to wait to make sure your vision levels out?

Old 02-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
    Sooner_Magic_14

Sooner_Magic_14 HB User

I had the Lasik 3 years ago tonight, and I had to have an enhancement about a year ago. About a week or so after I had it the first time, my vision corrected to 20/20, but by 2 years later it had gotten worse. Not BAD by any means, but enough that my eye doc highly recommended I get the enhancement, so I did and I've been 20/20 ever since.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:47 AM   #5
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sooner_Magic_14
    I had the Lasik 3 years ago tonight, and I had to have an enhancement about a year ago. About a week or so after I had it the first time, my vision corrected to 20/20, but by 2 years later it had gotten worse. Not BAD by any means, but enough that my eye doc highly recommended I get the enhancement, so I did and I've been 20/20 ever since.
    Thanks!!! :-)

Old 02-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
    bassbaby
    (female)

bassbaby HB User

May I ask who you had yours done with? I had it done in 4/2004 and I love not wearing glasses. Did the contacts thing after high school for a few years but went back to glasses. I don't see as good as I did with glasses but I'm still glad I did it. Not sure if I just need enhanced but afraid it won't be as good after enhancement?

Old 02-18-2005, 08:07 AM   #7
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bassbaby
    May I ask who you had yours done with? I had it done in 4/2004 and I love not wearing glasses. Did the contacts thing after high school for a few years but went back to glasses. I don't see as good as I did with glasses but I'm still glad I did it. Not sure if I just need enhanced but afraid it won't be as good after enhancement?
    I had mine done at LASIK Vision Plus.

Closed Thread