It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 4 Days after Lasik Surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
    Brooksy
    (female)

Brooksy HB User
    4 Days after Lasik Surgery

I has my Lasik surgery on Thurs. Mar. 31st. I have 20/20 vision in my right eye and everything is crystal clear. But am having problems with blurred vision in my left eye, recheck today produced vision of 20/25. My Dr. is not concerned as all tests have come out fine. He says it may take a few weeks to heal completely. I am just frustrated and concerned that my vision will continue to be blurry. I know I should just be more patient as it has only been 4 days. But that's all I think about all day...is my vision any clearer??? Is it normal to have some blurred vision after lasik? Of course staring at the spreadsheets on my computer today at work is not helping, but I have to be here. Eyes are so tired, wanting to go back to sleep. Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
    Duffman518
    (male)

Duffman518 HB User
    Re: 4 Days after Lasik Surgery

Hey,

I had Lasik done a few weeks ago. I have heard that it can take up to three months for your vision to fully stabilize, so I wouldn't get worried yet. For the first week or two, my eyes also felt tired, especially after a long day at work. Just remember to keep putting in your drops. That's great that everything else looks fine.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User

Brooksy,
    Don't worry. I still have occassional blurriness and had my surgery nearly 3 months ago. The chances are, your left eye is drier than your right. That was my case. The doc said looking at my left eye with his magnifying instrument thing was like looking at a picture of the Sahara dessert. Try putting a drop or two more in that eye than you do in your right and see if that helps. My doc also sent me home with post-op answers to frequently asked questions. One thing he said was that your eyes will heal at different rates. Everyone compares their sight to others and from eye to eye post-op but, they don't do it pre-op so, you never really realize the subtle differences in your eyes before you get the surgery. He said, your feet and hands are different and it is the same with your eye sight. Don't worry. Any differences that you notice are to be expected!

Congrats and happy new sight!

Old 04-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
    bcjewel

bcjewel HB User

I had my lasik done one month ago. From my 3 day appt to my 1 week appt there was little change. Today I had my one month follow up and still have blurred vision - particularly in my right eye as I have an astigmatism in that eye (in fact, that eye has regressed a bit from what it was during the first week). The optometrist says he is going to consult the surgeon to see if he recommends steroid drops or an enhancement. I was hoping to get some reading glasses so that I can at least do some computer work... thankfully I am a SAHM right now and don't "need" to work at the computer. Anyhow, it seems my reading life is on hold until further notice... at least it is not as bad as some people I have read about!

About the tiredness - I found my eyes really tired for about the first week and a half. Then, as they healed, they were not as tired anymore.

Last edited by bcjewel; 04-11-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Closed Thread