It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Scheduled for Lasik Exam far away from the Surgery Center

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
    scubalady
    (female)

scubalady HB User
    Scheduled for Lasik Exam far away from the Surgery Center

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]I have scheduled an appointment for a pre-op exam and plan to get the custom Lasik at Lasik Vision Institute, in
    Pittsburgh, PA. The pre-op exam is in Erie, PA, which is quite a few miles from
    Pittsburgh. I am already worried, because of the separation of the two locations. Has anyone had Custom Wavefront Lasik done, after having the pre-op exam far away from the actual surgery location? Has anyone had lasik surgery more than a year ago, without having an enhancement and still has vision as good as it was right after the surgery? Can you still see 20/20? Is an enhancement always neccesary? Has anyone had their Lasik at the Lasik Vision Institute, in Pittsburgh, PA and how well can you see now? I am new to this forum, have read all of your posts, about Lasik and am looking forward to your answers.Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #2
    texasfirewheel
    (female)

texasfirewheel HB User

Last edited by texasfirewheel; 02-27-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
    madera74
    (female)

madera74 HB User
    Re: Scheduled for Lasik Exam far away from the Surgery Center

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scubalady
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Has anyone had lasik surgery more than a year ago, without having an enhancement and still has vision as good as it was right after the surgery? Can you still see 20/20? Is an enhancement always neccesary?
    I had Lasik in April of 2000 and still have 20/15 vision in both eyes. I will be covered for an enhancement if I should need one, but I'm not anticipating that I will. I waited until my vision was relatively stable before having the procedure, and I am 30 now, so I'm not expecting that it will change again until the normal aging progression around mid-40s or so where I might need reading glasses. For the record, my prescription was -8.75 in each eye before the procedure, so going from that to 20/15 vision really was like restoring sight to the blind! It's the best thing I've ever done, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes!

Closed Thread