It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Post-lasik pregnancy...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Post-lasik pregnancy...

Hey everyone,
    Ok...so, I think this question has been asked but, I can't remember for sure. I had my surgery January 19, 2005 (just under a year ago), does anyone know how long we are supposed to wait before we can gel pregnant post-lasik? I would appreciate anything anyone could tell me about this. I know I should just call my lasik doc for the answer to that question but, I figured I would hand it over to you girls first!
    Thanks in advance for any info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 AM   #2
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Re: Post-lasik pregnancy...

Hehehe! So, I am now going to reply to myself but, I figured that anyone on here that may face the same question in the future could benefit from what I found out. I called my doc last night and asked one of the nurses and she said that, while they recommend that a woman not have the surgery while she is pregnant, you can get pregnant right after the surgery. She said that your eyes are going to change a little during pregnancy but, not enough to undo the surgery. So, as far as what she told me, there is no waiting period. Although, like Michelle (I think it was Michelle) I swear I remember reading that you should wait at least 6 months post-op to get pregnant. And, I would have to agree with that as your eyes are still stabilizing. Ok! So, I answered my own question! Hehehehe!

Closed Thread