It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• New Driver's License...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    New Driver's License...

So, I know this is such a small thing and probably nothing all that thrilling for anyone else but, I had to get my license renewed since my birthday is coming up. So, I went to get it renewed this weekend and the woman asked me the usual (height or weight, address, name changed) questions. Then she asked me if I was wearing contacts as on my old license I had the restriction where I was supposed to wear corrective lenses of some sort to drive. I told her that I had Lasik so I didn't need corrective lenses anymore. She had me do the vision test and, I passed (of course). I know that you have to be able to see at least 20/40 to be able to drive without corrective eye wear. What is weird to me is that I actually couldn't see the 20/40 line good enough to pass the test without my glasses before I had the lasik. It just seemed like everyone would be able to see those numbers in the test. They were so huge! Hehehehe! Yay! It is the little things like that make the dry eye problem that I have had over the past year all worth it! I am now a proud owner of a brand spanking new driver's license that doesn't have any vision restriction on it!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! And, try to remember the little things when you are having a bad day with your dry, blurry or dry and blurry eyes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
    jkm3253
    (female)

jkm3253 HB User
    Re: New Driver's License...

Good for you!!! I can't wait to do that. I wonder how long you have to wait, until your eyes are 3 months post op probably, huh?

Old 02-20-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Re: New Driver's License...

jkm,
    I don't know about having to wait. I basically just waited until my license was up for renewal. You might ask your lasik doc what his or her recommendation is. Are you at your best sight yet? Or, are you still fluctuating? If you aren't pretty regularly seeing your best right now, I would wait until your sight stops fluctuating. I never really had sight fluctuation in my prescription after my surgery. My biggest problem was that the dry eye issue would cause some blurriness. But, definitely ask your doc. They should have given you a card that states that you had Lasik to keep in your wallet in case you are pulled over or something before your license reflects your new sight. My lasik place gave me one.

Take care!

Closed Thread