It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Let's Hear from - "No More Ghosting People!"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
    Brown_eyes
    (male)

Brown_eyes HB User
    Let's Hear from - "No More Ghosting People!"

Anyone have ghosting early on that no longer has it, please tell us about it. How long before it cleared up etc...

I have both ghosting and blurriness in the left eye. It started around the same time - about 1 week ago. I am post-op 3 weeks. Will it go away or get better?

Also, what causes ghosting?

Last edited by Brown_eyes; 03-16-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
    bowriter
    (female)

bowriter HB User
    Re: Let's Hear from - "No More Ghosting People!"

I have a little bit of ghosting in my right eye (and probably my left but my left is only 2 weeks post-op, so it's too soon to tell). I had my right eye done one month ago with PRK. I think the ghosting is caused from the eye trying to adjust it's vision. Similar to when you are adjusting a pair of binaculars. You move the dial until things come into focus. The cornea is trying to do that very same thing as it heals. As with binoculars, there will be ghosting until you find the right adjustment. Problem is, with the eyes, you are never sure if they are done healing or not. But I've been told that it could take up to several weeks or months for them to stabilize (longer if you are a PRK victim). Right now, the ghosting seems to be clearing up somewhat. It comes and goes. I know I'm still very early in post-op, so I'm not going to start worrying about it for another month. I think you just have to give it time.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
    bowriter
    (female)

bowriter HB User

Did the doctors tell you how long you should wait before enhancement? So it's been about 3 months for you. I'm wondering how long one should wait to see if the ghosting goes away? I go back next week. Guess I'll wait and see what they tell me. I just wish I would get the crystal clear vision that you experience after putting in drops. I wonder if that's the end result we are supposed to have. If so, my eyes are still somewhat fuzzy. The vision is okay (not perfect yet), but somewhat fuzzy.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
    bowriter
    (female)

bowriter HB User

I guess that can happen. Enhancement appear to be a common thing. I wish you luck. I'm sure it will go fine.

Closed Thread