It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 2 days post-op, 20/20 in thr right eye, 20/30 in the left eye. will it improve?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
    st293
    (female)

st293 HB User
    2 days post-op, 20/20 in thr right eye, 20/30 in the left eye. will it improve?

In my post-op visit yesterday, the doctor told me my left eye is swollen and that is why I'm seeing 20/30. I keep comparing to the right eye, and it seems so much worse. Just worried that my vision will stay like this unless I get an enhancement. Has anyone has experience with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
    DollBaby24
    (female)

DollBaby24 HB User
    Re: 2 days post-op, 20/20 in thr right eye, 20/30 in the left eye. will it improve?

Hi, although I did not have the same problem as you, I would suggest that you give it some time and try not to panic. I had Lasik 16 days ago and had20/20 vision in both eyes the following day, but for the first week and a half or so I had a hard time seeing the computer screen from normal distance with my left eye. It was very blurry and I had to move my face closer to see it. I use a laptop at home and I had to put it on my lap to see it instead of on the coffee table where it normally is. I was worried that my vision was going to stay that way and it was difficult for me at work during that time because I spend a lot of time in front of a computer. I can now see it no problem and my computer is back on the coffee table. So my point is that my vision my vision did improve over the first couple of weeks. I can't say for certain that your vision will get better, but I know that it is normal for it to fluctuate and also to improve over time once your eyes adjust, and since you are only two days post op your eyes are still healing, much like mine. Give it some time, since it's only been a couple days, and hopefully your vision will improve. Good luck!

Old 11-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
    Hating glasses
    Veteran
    (female)

Hating glasses HB User
    Re: 2 days post-op, 20/20 in thr right eye, 20/30 in the left eye. will it improve?

I am nearing 2 years post-op. It can take up to 18 months for your vision to stabalize. It took me till right around 18 months post-op for my fluctuations to stop. Mostly because it has taken me all of nearly 2 years and I anticipate more, to really get over my dry eye issue. But, just know that it can take some time. You will have good days and you might have bad days. Or, you may be one of the lucky ones who heals really well and really quickly. Each person is different. So, it is hard for anyone to say for sure what is normal for you. But, only 2 and even 16 days post-op...you are too far from healed to be concerned about an enhancement. Furthermore, doctors won't even consider an enhancement until you are at least 3 months post-op since that seems to be the first turn around in vision stabilization.

So, don't worry just yet. Be patient. Despite what some think, this surgery is rather invasive. Healing doesn't just happen in a day!

Keep in touch!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
    holdennotarynj
    (female)

holdennotarynj HB User

I have the exact! same vision-had the surgery yesterday at noon-today at 10am I am 20/20RE 20/30LE -when i compare the 2 visions..20/30 does seem much worse-DR told me not to panic and that it is completely normal
    I have some "intralase inflamation" caused by flap issues due to years of wearing contacts I was told. they upped my steroid drops and said give it a while to improve
    let me know how you make out!
    Sally
    UPDATE: 1 week post op
    vision now 20/20 re 20/50 left eye. they said to wait until things calm down-still healing-probably will get better. In the mean time-they prescribed me anti glare glasses with -0.25 correction so I can drive at night. Little dissapointed but going to hope for the best over the next 6 weeks.

Last edited by holdennotarynj; 12-21-2006 at 05:02 AM.

Closed Thread