It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 1 month post-op custom lasik

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
    dan-girls
    (female)

dan-girls HB User
    Unhappy 1 month post-op custom lasik

Hi its me again, just went to the eye doctor my vision which was 9.50 and 10.00 at my first week appt. it was 20/20 20/40 Today my vision is right 20/20 and left 20/25 my left eye has improved alittle!!! Doctor says I still have some swelling or edema in both eyes. Told me to use retasis 2x day and my refresh plus drops 4x a day. Was told that I still will have various defferent degrees of vision. I have another follow up in 1 month. Hopefully I will improve in the next couple of weeks. Still cannot see street signs or names of streets. Nightime driving is ok. I know I just be happy that I am slowly improving. I still so so about the procedure. I like to hear opinions about my progress or lact of. Will post again in 1 month.

thanks again for the all the advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
    smarty327
    (female)

smarty327 HB User
    Re: 1 month post-op custom lasik

I am glad things are looking up for you. I had my surgery 5-10 and I am doing okay. The doctor said I had the edema(fluid under the flaps and around incision) in both eyes and had me get muro 128 ointment to put in at night(this helps suck out moisture). WOW what a difference it had made. My eyes have been feeling GREAT since I have stared it. I have only done it 3 times but my vision is much imporoved. I also use the restasis and eye drops. I hope everything continues to improve!!!! keep us posted.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
    dsquared63
    (female)

dsquared63 HB User

Dear Dan-girls - so glad to hear about your improvement on your one month check up! That is so great for you. I go for my one month tomorrow. I am so anxious about it. I am having such a bad day today - my eyes are actually hurting today. I must admit I tried some new cosmetics and maybe that is what is causing it. I hope so, cause i can stop using it and return the stuff. I just hope I haven't caused an damage to my healing eyes. The vision seems good, or I should say better. But there is still the big discrepancy between eyes that is making me nuts. 20/20 to 20/40 seems small yet so aggravating. I will check back in tomorrow. Congrats again to you!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 AM   #4
    dan-girls
    (female)

dan-girls HB User
    Talking Re: 1 month post-op custom lasik

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsquared63 View Post
    Dear Dan-girls - so glad to hear about your improvement on your one month check up! That is so great for you. I go for my one month tomorrow. I am so anxious about it. I am having such a bad day today - my eyes are actually hurting today. I must admit I tried some new cosmetics and maybe that is what is causing it. I hope so, cause i can stop using it and return the stuff. I just hope I haven't caused an damage to my healing eyes. The vision seems good, or I should say better. But there is still the big discrepancy between eyes that is making me nuts. 20/20 to 20/40 seems small yet so aggravating. I will check back in tomorrow. Congrats again to you!
    Hi dsquared63, thanks for the concern, I hope your appointment goes well. Just don't expect miracles. I had a good weekend, and then yesterday was a bad day. I know I should expect this. But I to was looking for a 20 minute miracle. Post your post op asap. thanks again, dan-girls

Old 06-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #5
    dsquared63
    (female)

dsquared63 HB User

Hi Dan-girls - went for my one month yesterday. Was quite freaked out when my right eye was worse, even the big letters were blurry! But my doctor kept reassuring me that the healing process was going better then my last visit. He was worried because I was getting astigmatism unexpectedly, but he said it was now going away and the striations (wrinkles in flap - gross!) had decreased immensely as well. So even tho my right eye vision has worsened my brain is compensating and I can see pretty well with both eyes. He suggested I get glasses to help with my day to day work on the computer, but I don't feel such a drastic need for the glasses, but I just might anyway. I hope you are doing well also.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
    dan-girls
    (female)

dan-girls HB User

HI, So your first month check up went ok. I know now that we all heal at different rates. Because your vision was little better then mine, hopefully your will start to improve over the next couple of weeks or couple of months!! When I went for my check up I have asked the doctor about glasses for driving, but he said it was too soon because my eyes are still changing. I go back on June 23rd for my two month check up. Keep me posted on your progess. dan-girls

Old 08-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
    Friendlee
    (female)

Friendlee HB User

I had wrinkles in the flap of one eye and had to have a refloat surgery where they lift the flap, smooth it out and then lay it back down. Now the vision in that eye is worse than it was before with the wrinkles. One doc said I had edema (fluid build up on the cornea) making my vision blurry. After two whole weeks it is no better. I am so worried!!! Wouldn't it get just a little better in two weeks???

I feel like they have no idea what they did and they're just gonna tell me every time I go that I need to ust wait for it to heal cause they aren't sure what else to say.....I am very healthy and drink lots of water. I sleep with a humidifier and put drops in 10 times a day. I am taking extra vitamin C and I just can't imagine that the swelling and edema wouldn't at least start to show signs of healing. Eeeek! Do they know what they're doing?!?!?!
    P.S. I even ate pineapple like crazy the week before the surgery because it is supposed to prepare the body and shorten swelling time a lot.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #8
    mcr285
    Inactive
    (female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dsquared63 View Post
    Hi Dan-girls - went for my one month yesterday. Was quite freaked out when my right eye was worse, even the big letters were blurry! But my doctor kept reassuring me that the healing process was going better then my last visit. He was worried because I was getting astigmatism unexpectedly, but he said it was now going away and the striations (wrinkles in flap - gross!) had decreased immensely as well. So even tho my right eye vision has worsened my brain is compensating and I can see pretty well with both eyes. He suggested I get glasses to help with my day to day work on the computer, but I don't feel such a drastic need for the glasses, but I just might anyway. I hope you are doing well also.
    my left eye got way worse before it got better! at my one month, i think the vision in my left eye was like 20/60 or something. it was bad! but now over 8 months post-op, both my eyes see 20/12.5, so give it some time!

Old 08-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
    Friendlee
    (female)

Friendlee HB User

This kind of testimonial helps me rest easy and be patient.

I'm out of drops and plan to try the Refresh Celluvisc. I was using refresh plus but I feel like I need to really get aggressive with the lubrication now so I thought I'd go a step up. Anyone have any post-op experience with Refresh Celuvisc doing well with flap wrinkles?

Closed Thread