It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

  • One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
    LouBbbbbbb
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    LouBbbbbbb's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: South Windsor,Connecticut,USA
    Posts: 4
    LouBbbbbbb HB User
    Smile One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    Hi all. Wanted to share / get feedback on my Lasik experiences;
    I had Custom All-Laser Lasik 8 days ago; The procedure itself was uneventful, and painful. I had 'mapping' performed one week prior to surgery, and had stopped wearing contacts 3 weeks prior to that. My vision prior to lasik was -5.25 (I believe thats greater than 20/400 , not sure), with a slight, uncorrected astigmatism. What was noticed first day of the surgery after 4-6 hour nap. The right eye was quite clear, the left eye was somewhat blurry. I have of course, been using both the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drops, viamox and predaforte, plus Refresh-Plus preservative free wetting drops. The following morning I had my first post-op exam. I told the examining doctor my symptoms, and he said my left eye had a bit of sweeling, not uncommon. We then proceeded to look at the chart. With the right eye, I could read the 20/40 and 20/20 line, 20/10 was blurry. With the left eye, I could read the 20/40 line, 20/20 maybe some letters, but everything else blurry. He 'claimed' that my right eye was 20/15, my left eye 20/30 (I felt this was a bit 'optimistic'), but said it would improve over time. I must say in terms of comfort, my left eye does not feel quite like the right. Whether it's dryness, inflammation, there is a perceptible difference. So has this been the experience of some of you, will it get better? Am I too concerned at this stage of the game, only 8-9 days Post-OP? Thank you in advance

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
    DollBaby24
    Member
    (female)
     
    DollBaby24's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2006
    Location: No Answer
    Posts: 59
    DollBaby24 HB User
    Re: One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LouBbbbbbb View Post
    Hi all. Wanted to share / get feedback on my Lasik experiences;
    I had Custom All-Laser Lasik 8 days ago; The procedure itself was uneventful, and painful. I had 'mapping' performed one week prior to surgery, and had stopped wearing contacts 3 weeks prior to that. My vision prior to lasik was -5.25 (I believe thats greater than 20/400 , not sure), with a slight, uncorrected astigmatism. What was noticed first day of the surgery after 4-6 hour nap. The right eye was quite clear, the left eye was somewhat blurry. I have of course, been using both the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drops, viamox and predaforte, plus Refresh-Plus preservative free wetting drops. The following morning I had my first post-op exam. I told the examining doctor my symptoms, and he said my left eye had a bit of sweeling, not uncommon. We then proceeded to look at the chart. With the right eye, I could read the 20/40 and 20/20 line, 20/10 was blurry. With the left eye, I could read the 20/40 line, 20/20 maybe some letters, but everything else blurry. He 'claimed' that my right eye was 20/15, my left eye 20/30 (I felt this was a bit 'optimistic'), but said it would improve over time. I must say in terms of comfort, my left eye does not feel quite like the right. Whether it's dryness, inflammation, there is a perceptible difference. So has this been the experience of some of you, will it get better? Am I too concerned at this stage of the game, only 8-9 days Post-OP? Thank you in advance

    Although I was 20/20 the day after my sugery (and still am now 9 months later), I did have blurriness for the first couple of weeks. I also had dry eyes and was put on Restasis and used those drops twice a day. I am still using them, only now I am only using them once a day. One of my eyes, for the first few months, frequently felt "different" from the other. I think it was my right eye but I don't really remember. But it would feel like there was an eyelash in it, or just feel dry or scratchy. It took me about 4 months for my eyes to feel comfortable. So, although I have always been able to see 20/20 or better since my surgery and can't really relate to you in that respect, I can relate to you in the bluriness, or one eye feeling different from the other. Since you are only 9 days post op, it is WAY too soon to tell how good your vision is going to get. It can take about 6 months for your vision to stabalize. You need to give it a couple of months at least since your eyes are still healing, and will continue to heal for about a year after the surgery. It's way too soon for you to worry. If you see 20/15 in one eye and 20/30 in another, even if that's the best they get, that's pretty darn good! The blurriness and discomfort should go away over time. Good Luck!!!

     
    Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
    LouBbbbbbb
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    LouBbbbbbb's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: South Windsor,Connecticut,USA
    Posts: 4
    LouBbbbbbb HB User
    Re: One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DollBaby24 View Post
    Although I was 20/20 the day after my sugery (and still am now 9 months later), I did have blurriness for the first couple of weeks. I also had dry eyes and was put on Restasis and used those drops twice a day. I am still using them, only now I am only using them once a day. One of my eyes, for the first few months, frequently felt "different" from the other. I think it was my right eye but I don't really remember. But it would feel like there was an eyelash in it, or just feel dry or scratchy. It took me about 4 months for my eyes to feel comfortable. So, although I have always been able to see 20/20 or better since my surgery and can't really relate to you in that respect, I can relate to you in the bluriness, or one eye feeling different from the other. Since you are only 9 days post op, it is WAY too soon to tell how good your vision is going to get. It can take about 6 months for your vision to stabalize. You need to give it a couple of months at least since your eyes are still healing, and will continue to heal for about a year after the surgery. It's way too soon for you to worry. If you see 20/15 in one eye and 20/30 in another, even if that's the best they get, that's pretty darn good! The blurriness and discomfort should go away over time. Good Luck!!!


    Thank you for the response, DollBaby . Oh believe me, if this is the worst it ends up, as I stated above, look at what it compares to. Yes, with contacts, it may have been a bit clearer, but it sounds like there are good odds it will get beeter. A Co-Worker of mine had a very similiar experience, one eye sharp, the other not as clear and blurry. After a month or 2, it cleared up. So I'm thinking it will do the same over time, and if I can get get both eyes within a 20/20-20/25 range, (or better) that would be unbelievable. Having had 'correction' since I was 11, it's a whole new world for me. I truly believe, at the end of it all, I will have no regrets.

    --Peace

     
    Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
    Mauiman
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    Mauiman's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Wailuku, Hi. USA
    Posts: 9
    Mauiman HB User
    Re: One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    Got my lasik about 6 years ago and my first exam which was day after was about 20/40 and very blurry. Doc said they is very common and will continue to get better for about a month. And it did. Now it is 20/20 and great!

     
    Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 AM   #5
    LouBbbbbbb
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    LouBbbbbbb's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: South Windsor,Connecticut,USA
    Posts: 4
    LouBbbbbbb HB User
    Re: One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
    Got my lasik about 6 years ago and my first exam which was day after was about 20/40 and very blurry. Doc said they is very common and will continue to get better for about a month. And it did. Now it is 20/20 and great!
    Well folks;

    Had my second Post-Op this morning. Left eye still blurry, but I think it's getting better, dryer than the right, which I'm sure contributes to the blurriness and less sharp vision. Nonetheless, the technician measured my eyes before I saw the doctor (and it didn't seem like she measured below 20/20, which he said they often don't, depending on the person. Strange, but anyways...) But she said my right eye was 20/20, the left eye was 20/25.

    So if nothing else, improvement in the left eye from last week, so I feel better about that. I am more than satisfied with 20/20, don't need it to be better than that. My bigger thing is to eliminate the blurriness, and get the eyes more in balance, and it seems it's heading in that direction. Thank you all for your encouraging posts

     
    Old 08-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
    mcr285
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: houston, tx, usa
    Posts: 992
    mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User
    Re: One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    okay, your story is almost EXACTLY what my surgery and recovery was like, only my left eye stayed at 20/40 for almost 3 months.... so you're doing better than i was at 2 weeks post op!

    be diligent with whatever drops your doc tells you to use, and even if your eyes don't feel dry, use the tears as often as you think about it (sometimes blurry vision is caused by dryness).

    it will take about 3-6 months for your eyes to fully heal and stabalize, so be patient.... for the first few months, you might have days when you wake up and your vision is sharp and clear, only to have it suddenly go all blurry on you. it's normal, so if it happens, don't panic or curse the day you had lasik! it will get better over time!

    like i said, your story is almost exactly mine, and now my vision is 20/12.5 in both eyes (my surgery was dec 2006). good luck!

     
    Old 09-02-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
    Skylar_
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Posts: 281
    Skylar_ HB User
    Re: One Week Post-Op results Custom All-Laser Lasik

    When you guys talk about "blurry vision" does that mean too blurry to function (drive, use computer, read, etc.)? Thanks!

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Concerned about swelling 1 week post cheilectomy LEWK02 Foot & Ankle Problems 3 12-22-2010 11:12 AM
    one week post toe fusion - no pain yet corkeysue57 Foot & Ankle Problems 4 08-18-2009 12:14 PM
    Progress--7th week post surgery Larimergirl Knee & Hip Problems 10 09-28-2008 07:34 PM
    mircette, skipped last week, now have period. help! harperlola Birth Control 0 08-24-2006 09:37 AM
    My next week jimmyboro Addiction & Recovery 29 08-22-2006 06:48 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!