It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• How To Overcome Receding Of Myopia After Lasik?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
    bostonhater
    (male)

bostonhater HB User
    How To Overcome Receding Of Myopia After Lasik?

As everyone knows, myopia starts receding after 40 years old. I am 39 years old with 3.75 myopia and it happened to my father and all uncles, my myopia will drop to approximately 2.5-2.75 if it behaves like my father.

So if I have LASIK done and slowly this receding starts, I will have to use glasses to correct my vision. This happens in everybody regardless of what you have either myopia or hypermyopia. So isn't it stupid to have LASIK done before 40's? If so why so many young people are having it done.

The other day, I was in LASIK+ in Houston and the lady out there did not like my question regarding this issue so I had to insist to get a correct answer. She later acknowledged that my myopia will drop and so I have to come to LASIK center to get a patch.

Can someone confirm this? What do you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
    handyone
    (female)

handyone HB User
    Re: How To Overcome Receding Of Myopia After Lasik?

I can understand you wanting to wait a couple of years to do lasix now, but I can address your second question.

I was 26 when I got LASIX done. I am 37 now. I would have gotten it done sooner if it was available at the time for my correction.

Why? Yes, I know my vision is going to start to change again in a couple of years, but by then I will have had over 12 years of not having to wear glasses or contacts (I had worn contacts for 10 years and glasses since I was 4). I was pretty much blind without them. I no longer had to worry about losing contacts, taking care of them, making sure I had glasses for nights (I wore semi-hard as I was in the water alot and that was the better choice, but they had to come out at night).

I've had to wear glasses at night since the surgery, but can see without them (they just make things clearer) and I can function fine during the day without them. I've had over 10 years of "freedom". Not sure if you can understand that or not, but I had to try to explain it to you.

Closed Thread