It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• post lasik floaters

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User
    post lasik floaters

since having lasik, i'm able to notice the floaters in my eyes much more. Not sure if I actually have "more" of them then before, but i can see them easier when outside looking at the sky or at a white background...i've read this is often the case with people who have had lasik. I wonder how many others have noticed this? I'm going next week just for a general eye exam as I don't see my regular lasik doctor again until after the summer. I would think it's important to have a full eye exam post lasik, with dilation of pupils, etc. I was surprised they didnt' do a dilation at my last post lasik checkup.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
    eyepurist
    (male)

eyepurist HB User
    Re: post lasik floaters

Not everybody who notice them after surgery has the conviction to put the blame on the surgery, I guess. First I wasn't sure about that cause I thought it was due to my new eyes acuity but every time I'm looking through the window on sunny days it's annoying me so much that I just realize it's more due to the surgery. The acceptance is becoming more easier with time. I just stop to expect they will faint away with time but who know? Hope you'll get rid of it.

Last edited by eyepurist; 05-24-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User

yeah i've read about this, how a lot of people notice the floaters after. I don't have a "ton" or anything-but definitely more then before...
    I'm going to the opthlamologist anyhow, just for a general eye exam post lasik-i'm at 6 months out. I can see great and the floaters aren't really that bad, just something i've noticed.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User

i went to another opthamologist/also lasik surgeon for an eye exam and retina exam. Everything was just fine, floater wise. He said people can also be picking up images, because one has a little teeny bit of under-correction. This is also good to know! I know through this whole process i've learned more about eyes then I ever dreamed LOL.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
    ksdt
    (female)

ksdt HB User

I have floaters now. My surgery is at the end of the month, the doc says likely I will be able to see them better than I do now..after I have surgery. It's not that they get worse just that you can see better, is what he is telling me. I am a little scared about how it will be, but I have learned to live with them up to now. It's a genetic cause that has nothing to do with the actual eye health, that is what my eye doctor has told me over the years. Most people in my family have them too.

Closed Thread