It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 2 days post traditional LASIK...any questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
    susieblueeyes
    (female)

susieblueeyes HB User
    Cool 2 days post traditional LASIK...any questions

I am 2 days post conventional LASIK, anyone have any questions.....

Results are good....procedure was scary...my right eye hurt like hell afterwards and was tearing like crazy, but after i woke up from my 4 hour nap, it was fine. My vision in that eye is still a little blurry, but not bad at all, my left eye is great, like i never had anything done to it. Right eye is a little blurry and dryer. That eye also has an astigmitism, so i am not sure if it is the astigmitism making it blurry or if it is swollen after all that one did hurt more.

Taking my eyedrops like a good little girl, 2 anitbiotic drops, a steroid drop (anti-inflammatory) - a different one in each eye, and of course the artificial tears.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
    upnorth2008
    (male)

upnorth2008 HB User
    Re: 2 days post traditional LASIK...any questions

Hi..on my second day also, was a minus 9.5 went in yesterday 20/20 vision seems good just a little haze, almost feels like when you fall aslep w/ contact lens in? I assume this will clear up eventually..taking the drops, but have not used artificial tears yet.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
    JustMe2009
    (female)

JustMe2009 HB User

How are you doing? I wish I had had those good results!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
    enduroracer
    (male)

enduroracer HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by susieblueeyes View Post
    I am 2 days post conventional LASIK, anyone have any questions.....

Results are good....procedure was scary...my right eye hurt like hell afterwards and was tearing like crazy, but after i woke up from my 4 hour nap, it was fine. My vision in that eye is still a little blurry, but not bad at all, my left eye is great, like i never had anything done to it. Right eye is a little blurry and dryer. That eye also has an astigmitism, so i am not sure if it is the astigmitism making it blurry or if it is swollen after all that one did hurt more.

Taking my eyedrops like a good little girl, 2 anitbiotic drops, a steroid drop (anti-inflammatory) - a different one in each eye, and of course the artificial tears.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
    enduroracer
    (male)

enduroracer HB User

hey hi , i'm about to do the lasikplus surgery on friday the 13th but i'm a little bit scared because i have read that some people has had bad results , really bad dryness, blurry sight and i don't know , how are you evolutioning now , please tell me more , the doctors told me in the evaluation that my eye is normal and is easy to make surgery to me , and that results are good, what do you think?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
    marchon
    Inactive
    (male)

marchon HB User

The opthamologist I saw a week ago about my lasik problems told me that whether or not your eyes are perfect for lasik you should'nt expect a lasik clinic to turn you away as they want to operate and have a hard time turning anybody away as its all about money - and he's a lasik doc himself, just not the one that did my eyes. My eyes by the way are seriously messed up after lasik.

I'm regretting my lasik decision every minute of the day, constant pain, worse vision, halos at night, life was so much easier before lasik! Hopefully one day I can forgive myself for doing this to my eyes. I think its going to be hard.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by enduroracer View Post
    hey hi , i'm about to do the lasikplus surgery on friday the 13th but i'm a little bit scared because i have read that some people has had bad results , really bad dryness, blurry sight and i don't know , how are you evolutioning now , please tell me more , the doctors told me in the evaluation that my eye is normal and is easy to make surgery to me , and that results are good, what do you think?

Last edited by marchon; 03-12-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
    JustMe2009
    (female)

JustMe2009 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by enduroracer View Post
    I had Lasix (January 15th of this year) conventional....monovision, one eye for close up and one for far away) and if I had it to do over? I would not do it. I'm still blurry. Blurry enough I can't read freeway signs to exit until I'm right up on them. Blurry enough not to be able to read signs in the store. I'm basically blind for far away. they SAY I'm 20/40 in my right eye, but still can't read signs or see clearly in my own house. They keep saying I still have asigmatism. Then...they said when they DID the surgery that it cures astigmatism. It's very confusing to me. It's been very frustrating and at first very scary. YMMV

Last edited by JustMe2009; 03-13-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Closed Thread