It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• 9 month later update/halos

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User
    9 month later update/halos

I had lasik last January and had a 9 month checkup today. I'm happy to report the halos and blurring I was experiencing at night for several months has pretty much gone away. I had intralasik wavefront. I had the halos and blurring quite bad at night for at least 3 months which started to subside slowly and at about 6 months out I could see that it was getting a lot better. It's only gotten better from here. At my last checkup at about month 5 both eyes were at -.50. Now 9 months out one eye is completely 20/20 or actually a bit better then that. my other eye is the lowest diopeter -25 and I was able to see 20/20 or better with both eyes now. So i'm extremely happy with my lasik overall it just took time for the eyes to get to their full healing. To anyone who is concerned about the halos after you have it done, it takes a long time for the eyes to heal...so give it some time. The doc also told me, the cornea can heal for up to 2 years after the surgery! he said that the cornea does not contain blood vessels, so it heals more slowly then the other parts of the eye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread