It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Enhancement recovery time

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
    chliansh
    (male)

chliansh HB User
    Enhancement recovery time

I know that I will need an enhancement shortly and I am concerned about recovery time. The thought of going back through that healing process concerns me as I am now back to working outside in the sun, wind and dust (contractor) Is it any quicker 2nd time around?

* link to commercial website removed *

Chad

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-21-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Please don't post links and/or instructions regarding commercial websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
    landar
    (male)

landar HB User
    Re: Enhancement recovery time

Good questions. < edited > the procedure for surgery is similar to the original. However the flap is lifted, not cut(it never really grows back into one monolithic structure again after the surgery). You still need the eye guards for about a week to give the flap time to heal. So, plan on going through the same process. The exception, I believe, is that the second time through you may be seeing more clearly right away and you will know more about what to expect so it wont be such a "shock" to you. I have not had an enhancement yet (might need one), so I am somewhat speculating based upon what I have heard.

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-03-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
    chliansh
    (male)

chliansh HB User

Had the enhancement today, so far really good!!! I think the laser used to make the flap causes recovery to be much harder/longer.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
    chliansh
    (male)

chliansh HB User

Recovery is much much quicker with the enhancement.

I think alot of the needed healing and contrast loss is cuased by the laser that cuts the flap. Specifically when it shoots the beam in the middle of the flap to make the bubbles that let the flap release.

I could drive and se OK at night 1 week after enhancement. Took me 2 months after the first procedure to be comfortable.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
    anyman
    (male)

anyman HB User
    Why did you need an "enhancement"?

Did you have vision problems? Night vision issues? Other?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
    chliansh
    (male)

chliansh HB User
    Re: Why did you need an "enhancement"?

Starbursts and night vision issues were not bad right after surgery but returned at about 1 month post up. Seems I have some epial undergrowth that may or may not be the cause. I also have between .5-1.0 of astigmatism in one eye that may be caused by the epial undergrowth, over correction, regression, dry eye or the moons gravitational pull.

Still glad I did the enhancement as I can now read part of the 20/20 line with both eyes. I think eventually I will need one more enhancement on one eye and I can not decide if I am up for round 3.

Last edited by chliansh; 01-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Closed Thread