It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Post Lasik Despair & Blurred Vision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #16
    landar
    (male)

landar HB User
    Re: Post Lasik Despair & Blurred Vision

So ddefer, was the infection introduced only in the enhancement procedure? I had heard that pulling up the flap for the enhancement can make things get ugly (infection wise).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #17
    ddefer
    (male)

ddefer HB User
    Re: Post Lasik Despair & Blurred Vision

It was. I was under the impression that the adjustment was no big deal: quick flaps up, very short time under the laser, and less discomfort overall. My suspicion is that the site prep (betadine around the eyes) was sloppy because it was 'just an adjustment'. I noticed that the next day, when they went in again for scrapings, they were VERY meticulous with site prep.

To anybody getting this procedure: don't be afraid to tell the prep person about an nasty infection case you've heard of and make them do a thorough job.

Final note: remember that the 'flap' that is cut in your eye will be a permanent structural weakness that you'll have the rest of your life. A good demonstration of just how weak the flap is can be seen when they do an adjustment - you sit in the chair and the doctor just pulls it up with a small probe. Get bumped in the eye the wrong way out in the world and that flap comes up just as easily. Search the internet for studies on this weakness, it's something else to consider that your lasik salesman will not tell you up front.

Closed Thread