It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• intralase starbursts 3 weeks out. please help!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
    ma098568
    (male)

ma098568 HB User
    intralase starbursts 3 weeks out. please help!!

hello,

I've been having some problems with starbursts in dim light or night condition. im a young guy in perfect health and I had a -2.50 in both eyes and had the intralase procedure done 3 weeks and 3 days ago at a very reputable place. the surgeon and everyone else is telling me that these things go away in time and it is very rare that they remain in lasik patients.

right now i have excellent vision. even at night its good. however, around sources of light im having starbursts. they arent debilitating, as i can still see but its extremely disturbing to not be able to look at a light and see whats normal. even something as simple like looking at the little LED light on my cable box. there are streaks of light emanating from the light source as a starburst. if i turn the light on little by little or even squint, the streaks/starbursts start to recede and i can see the way i should be able to normally. as a matter of fact, they arent as prominent depending on the angle at which i look at the light. i also have some halo problems around traffic lights.

i really want to believe that these things will vanish or even diminish but everything in my gut and instinct is telling me something is wrong here. am i just obsessing or are these problems im experiencing, for the vast majority of lasik patients, likely to eventually diminish?

can anyone advise please??? any stories of these problems actually going away by themselves?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
    landar
    (male)

landar HB User
    Re: intralase starbursts 3 weeks out. please help!!

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=703248

Closed Thread

Tags
    intralase, lasik, night vision, starbursts