It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Update: 3 years post Lasik

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
    Skylar_
    (female)

Skylar_ HB User
    Update: 3 years post Lasik

I posted my experience under "My Interlase Experience" a few years ago (should still be accessible to read if you sort by # Views).

Today a colleague asked about my experience and I found that old thread to email her and thought I'd give you guys an update.

BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!!

Still 20/15, no issues with halos, etc. I had slight dry eyes before the procedure but that has not worsened (need eye drops a few times/week first thing in the morning). Also, I've been through a pregnancy & had heard that your vision could change--didn't affect my results. Perfect vision made all the nighttime feedings of baby much easier.

The best advice I can give: Do your research. Pay to have the best surgeon you can find (I used Dr. Kerry Solomon).

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Skylar_ For This Useful Post:
    TylerB (11-29-2010)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
    danknee
    (male)

danknee HB User
    Re: Update: 3 years post Lasik

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skylar_ View Post
    I posted my experience under "My Interlase Experience" a few years ago (should still be accessible to read if you sort by # Views).

Today a colleague asked about my experience and I found that old thread to email her and thought I'd give you guys an update.

BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!!

Still 20/15, no issues with halos, etc. I had slight dry eyes before the procedure but that has not worsened (need eye drops a few times/week first thing in the morning). Also, I've been through a pregnancy & had heard that your vision could change--didn't affect my results. Perfect vision made all the nighttime feedings of baby much easier.

The best advice I can give: Do your research. Pay to have the best surgeon you can find (I used Dr. Kerry Solomon).

Good luck!
    If you don't mind sharing, how long did the healing process take for you? How much did your vision fluctuate after surgery? What was your result 1 month out, 2 months out, 3 months out? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by danknee; 05-24-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
    Skylar_
    (female)

Skylar_ HB User
    Re: Update: 3 years post Lasik

The surgery was done at 12 PM and by dinner that night I was able to go out to a restaurant. I did have a burning sensation and light sensitivity right after the procedure and took a long nap, when I woke up it was much better. The next morning my vision was 20/30 and continued to improve with all my follow-up visits. I think I documented step-by-step in my old post (you can search for it), that would be the most accurate account since it's been a while. GL!

Closed Thread