It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

Lasik 2 weeks ago

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
lasikgirl
(female)

lasikgirl HB User
Lasik 2 weeks ago

I had lasik 2 weeks ago. My original vision was stable at -3.50 and corneas thick. Immediately post op I noted my right eye had "cloudy/blurred" vision, kind of like someone is holding wax paper over my eye. I continue to have the same vision in my right eye, with my left eye improving nicely. I get horrible glares with my right eye making work almost unbearable. I went back to the doctor 3 times and apparently have 20/20 vision. They state that these symptoms of blurriness and glaring should subside. I repeatedly hear stories from my coworkers that they could see just fine the day after lasik. I'm beginning to get concerned. I use only preserative free drops and was started on Restasis. Anyone else have these symptoms? Thoughts, encouragement, blunt truth?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
RJZ5000
(male)

RJZ5000 HB User
Re: Lasik 2 weeks ago

From my experience and from reading other peoples' accounts of Lasik, I don't think you should make any kind of judgments at such an early stage of your surgery. During my healing, one of my eyes has been consistently good whilst the other has fluctuated often leading me to wonder whether I'll need to have further laser correction.
I'm nearly 3 months post surgery and the dryness has decreased quite a lot though some days the vision in my right eye is not great for long distances and there is a stronger glare than my left eye.
I know it's hard but you should put aside all your worrying until you get to 3 months post surgery and your eyes have had a chance to heal. At your current stage your eyes are adjusting and healing and therefore there will be vision changes and the glare will persist for a few months. So to summarize, don't worry.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Lasik2010
(male)

Lasik2010 HB User

Have you seen improvement with your glare problem? I am now 6 weeks post Lasik, and have been experiencing something very similar to what you did - also in my right eye. The dr.'s office has assessed my vision in the R eye as 20/20, and 20/15 in the left. My explanation of the glare in the right eye is like looking through a dirty contact. Bright light sources look "smudged", and the edges around the computer screen or TV seem to "bleed" over rather than have crisp edges. This effect has been present since the day after surgery, and has gotten slightly better, but still obviously there. Today I had a six week follow up, and brought this up as a concern. The Dr. said because it is still early in the healing process, it should continue to improve. I'm also starting Restasis (getting it tomorrow). Did you find that it helped you out?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
lasikgirl
(female)

lasikgirl HB User

Update:

My vision has improved. I'm seeing 20/20. I still have glaring at night when I drive, but it is better. I still continue to have problems with my right eye. At times it will seem fine with just a bit of blurriness and then the next moment I still have a haze over it (like a dirty contact or a piece of wax paper covering it). I did try Restasis, unsure if it really helped. I stopped because it is $. My eyes continue to be dry (big improvement though) and I mainly notice this only when I wake up. My biggest annoyance now is "floaters". I had them prior to lasik, but they have definitely gotten worse post lasik. My next f/u appt is the beginning of Sept. I doubt I would have any type of re-enhancement surgery. I'm hoping most of the symptoms subside within the 6 month period of "healing".

It is a s-l-o-w process. No one ever really explains that to you when you first get lasik. I know lasik isn't perfect, but if I can go the next 10 years without contacts or glasses - it will be worth it.

Last edited by lasikgirl; 08-06-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Lasik2010
(male)

Lasik2010 HB User

Glad to hear you've seen some improvement. Yes, I also noticed an increase in floaters after surgery. They are still there (more so in the right eye). I've read that this is either caused by the vaccum used during surgery causing particles inside the eye to detach from the sides, or from the fact that your focal point is now different, so those that were always there now show up more. Two weeks after surgery my dr. checked the back of my eyes to be sure the floaters weren't symptomatic of retinal detachment or something serious like that. They aren't, and have been the side effect I've been adjusting to the easiest.

I failed to mention in my last post that my six week follow up exam did show I have a mild astigmatism in my right eye (0.5). This is contributing to my ability for crisp focus with the R eye to be less than the left eye. I didn't have astigmatism in that eye before surgery, so it is dissapointing to learn this, and is probably contributing to my ongoing struggle to accomidate to my "new" vision. Previously my Left eye had a 0.25 astigmatism but that seems totally corrected now. Not quite an even trade off, but could be worse I guess.

My night time vision has improved in the past few weeks from a contrast standpoint, but I still see a lot of halos and starbursts from headlights and other light sources at night. I've read many many accounts that this can take up to 6 months to improve, so I'm trying to remain positive about this.

I hope you continue to improve with time.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
valeriedando
(female)

valeriedando HB User

How are your eyes now? I got wavefront lasik this Saturday, and one of my eyes seems to be doing great. My left eye feels like there is something in it and I continue to use the drops as given my doctor. Yesterday that left eye started stinging and burning so badly I did not know what to do and i took pain medecine to go to sleep. Today looks a little blurry and stings just a littl. I have no idea what to do?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Regret eyes
(male)

Regret eyes HB UserRegret eyes HB User

Val you have your day after check up? If not get back to see the operating doctor quickly.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
valeriedando
(female)

valeriedando HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regret eyes View Post
Val you have your day after check up? If not get back to see the operating doctor quickly.
I went to my check up Sunday the day after my Surgery and they said everything appears good. I have my next appointment in two days, I'm just nervous I see a lot of halos, starburst, and glare at night and now my left eye is burning. I think it may be dry, but I'm using the drops.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
Jlynndar
(female)

Jlynndar HB User

I had LASIK surgery last June & July. Both had "ripe" cataracts. My right eye was the dominant,so it's for distance which is now almost 20. The left eye is for reading,so it's not the same. This was a better choice for me. That way I don't have to wear glasses for reading. I was amazed after the right eye was done. I was able to see immediately after the surgery. The left eye took a little longer to get adjusted to. I am tremendously grateful to my wonderful Dr. Kolettis,at the Illinois Eye Center in Peoria,IL. I was told to never use anything but Artificial Tears. But,yes,I do occasionally have blurring,normal!! My peripheral vision is great & no more magnifying glasses to read small print,unless it's super small!! I was so afraid I was going blind,but I've been given a new outlook on life!! Hurrah!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jlynndar For This Useful Post:
valeriedando (02-10-2012)
Closed Thread