It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Post lasik depression...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
    Polski
    (male)

Polski HB User
    Post lasik depression...

So I had lasik done in July 25th. 2011 which is 3 months post op, and i'm not enjoying my vision. In fact, my vision is all I nearly think about! Let me explain further.

I started to take zoloft after lasik because I couldn't sleep at night and I have felt VERY depressed. I went to my surgeon about 1 month post op and I have 20/20 in my left eye and 20/25 in my right eye. Which is fine but the quality of it is not what I expected. He said everything was alright. I didn't feel satisfied with it though. I've been taking zoloft to relax me and it has done a great job so far. Sometimes I think I needed zoloft before my surgery.

My Main problem with the surgery is ghosting in my right eye. The moon resembles something like this. My left eye does not have severe ghosting though.

Another Issue I have is the contrast loss or harder to see in low lit environments. Sometimes I fell there is not enough contrast in some areas in my house Especially in low lit environments. Is this a common side effect? This really bugs the hell out of me. Knowing That I can't see well in areas that I used to see fine in even though I have nearly perfect vision!

Sunlight seems to be even brighter than normal and the glare is still pretty bad. I have barely any problems with dry eyes.

Has anyone been unfortunate as I am and had these? It's harder to live my life thinking I've ruined my vision. My next visit to the surgeon is at the end of this Nov.

Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
    MarioX2
    Inactive
    (male)

MarioX2 HB User
    Re: Post lasik depression...

I have low light problems after lasik, it's been 4 months now. I really am more anxious and depressed and tired and angry at myself after this. And confused about alll pupils size myth about nightvision issues. Cuz when asked, some people with -9 and 7-8mm pupils size say they got no problems at night. I mean they say it, now we belive it. It contradicts the pupil size myth everybody talks about, but maybe that person is satisfied, it doesn't bother her, i dunno. I mean everyone eye is different, ok fair enoguh, but you got these wavefront machines etc that take a mapping of that eye, so ***, if it is all done correctly why am I having issues at night I ask. I mean i would probably be more happier if i saw just halos and some starburst at night around light, not that it depens how large is my pupils, that's what is iritating me, light shrinks light gets bigger an so on.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
    Polski
    (male)

Polski HB User

How bad is your night vision? I could drive at night but there is a significant difference from when I had glasses. I have size 6 mm pupils which are pretty large. I normally didn't need lights on in the morning but it's either the contrast of my vision seems to be lower than before or I really did lose night vision. My eyes feel like they crave light to see well.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
    MarioX2
    Inactive
    (male)

MarioX2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    How bad is your night vision? I could drive at night but there is a significant difference from when I had glasses. I have size 6 mm pupils which are pretty large. I normally didn't need lights on in the morning but it's either the contrast of my vision seems to be lower than before or I really did lose night vision. My eyes feel like they crave light to see well.
    I can drive, but probably like you, it's less sharp, starbursts. halos etc. My eyes also crave light to se clearer. I didn't have this problem with glasses at all, could drive, could watch tv in pitch black. I had issues with contact lenses too, not so sharp nightvision, but with glasses it was fine. So why did I go into lasik, I guess i lost control of what I want. Anyway, i think my pupils are 7.5mm or something, quite large, so maybe i am seeing even worse than you, who knows. I don't get why do you see worse if its 6mm. If optical zone is 6.5, I guess it's not pupils size anymore that matters, seems like nobody knows what matters and lasik is still legal?

Closed Thread