It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• LASIK - different complications

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
    Tbonez
    (male)

Tbonez HB User
    LASIK - different complications

I had interlasik sbk 8 days ago. I realize this is early in the recovery process. I appear to have different complications than most people and would like to see of anyone has had the same problems...

The good
    Clear vision less than 10 foot
    Good night time vision with small halos

The bad
    Ghosting beyond 10 foot
    Naseau when moving around because vision is fuzzy/ghosting
    Can't seem to focus well past 10 foot

When I'm in a closed place like home or an office I'm ok. When I'm driving or out in public I have challenges. Anyone experienced these types of symptoms.

I'm jealous of the people that this turns out well for....

Last edited by Tbonez; 03-01-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User
    Re: LASIK - different complications

Hi Tbonez, I'm sorry to hear about your complications. Sorry, I have not had any issues like this, I just have some fuzziness in one eye yet that is not improving. It sounds like your eyes may just need more time to heal and adjust, have you talked to your doctor about this yet? What was your prescription before?

Last edited by ktez; 03-01-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
    JNFblurred
    (female)

JNFblurred HB User

I'm having the same exact problem and I'm one month into it. Though the dizziness subsided after two weeks, the ghosting and blurry stays. The doctor told me because my eyes are dry. I'm doing all they told me to, several kinds of eye drops and warm compress, but I don't see it gets any better. I know we are still early in the healing process. It's definitely frustrating. I'm trying to be patient and not think about it. It's so stressful that we can't live our normal everyday lives. Hopefully we can get pass this together!! Keep me posted!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
    Tbonez
    (male)

Tbonez HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JNFblurred View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem and I'm one month into it. Though the dizziness subsided after two weeks, the ghosting and blurry stays. The doctor told me because my eyes are dry. I'm doing all they told me to, several kinds of eye drops and warm compress, but I don't see it gets any better. I know we are still early in the healing process. It's definitely frustrating. I'm trying to be patient and not think about it. It's so stressful that we can't live our normal everyday lives. Hopefully we can get pass this together!! Keep me posted!

One month is a long time to suffer the loss of your vision...I would take my glasses back in a minute. I should have done my research better..

Im having a hard time buying Lasik takes longer than a month to six weeks to heal. My understanding is that the femur heals in about six weeks and that is one of the longest injuries to heal on the human body. Im betting the people that have resolution at the 3 to 6 month time frame are really just learning to deal with it...

Did you have trouble for the first few weeks with thought clarity as well? I seem to be struggling to get my thoughts together....

Old 03-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
    Tbonez
    (male)

Tbonez HB User

I dont know my exact prescription. They said it was an easy and "light" adjust. I had astigmatism and I believe -3. One eye was 20/60 and the other was 20/80. Dont quote me on that, however, as that is just from memory.

I sure do hope it improves. Its making life difficult.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
    Tbonez
    (male)

Tbonez HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktez View Post
    Hi Tbonez, I'm sorry to hear about your complications. Sorry, I have not had any issues like this, I just have some fuzziness in one eye yet that is not improving. It sounds like your eyes may just need more time to heal and adjust, have you talked to your doctor about this yet? What was your prescription before?
    Ktez,

I responded to your post and for some reason it hasnt shown up. If I double reply I apologize.

I am not 100% sure of my prescription. They said it was a light and easy fix and that I was an excellent candidate. If memory serves me right they said I was a -3 and 20/80 in one eye and 20/60 in the other. I may have the numbers off but this is what sticks in my memory.

I told the doctor about the dizziness and she said that it must be my blood pressure. Im having a hard time believing I started having blood pressure issues the day of surgery, however. Especially since I was cycling 200 to 300 miles a week before surgery.

Last edited by Tbonez; 03-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
    JNFblurred
    (female)

JNFblurred HB User

There were good days and bad days with what was going on in my head. I could totally be calm one day and flipped out the other. I'm getting a month check up on this coming Tuesday and hope to find a solution. I'll keep u posted. Hang in there!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
    Tbonez
    (male)

Tbonez HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JNFblurred View Post
    There were good days and bad days with what was going on in my head. I could totally be calm one day and flipped out the other. I'm getting a month check up on this coming Tuesday and hope to find a solution. I'll keep u posted. Hang in there!
    Good luck to you on Tuesday! I have never had anxiety and or depression but I think they should discuss it as a side effect..Maybe a script of anxiety meds should accompany the eye drops. LOL

Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
    ktez
    (female)

ktez HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tbonez View Post
    Ktez,

I responded to your post and for some reason it hasnt shown up. If I double reply I apologize.

I am not 100% sure of my prescription. They said it was a light and easy fix and that I was an excellent candidate. If memory serves me right they said I was a -3 and 20/80 in one eye and 20/60 in the other. I may have the numbers off but this is what sticks in my memory.

I told the doctor about the dizziness and she said that it must be my blood pressure. Im having a hard time believing I started having blood pressure issues the day of surgery, however. Especially since I was cycling 200 to 300 miles a week before surgery.
    I have to agree - it doesn't sound like a blood pressure issue to me either. I'm not a doc so I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like it could just be your eyes getting used to the new vision. Like when you get a new prescription for glasses and you get headaches and get dizzy while you're getting used to them. I hope it goes away soon for you, I'm sure that is even more annoying than the vision issues.

Closed Thread